Need Advise On Dd Wedding Cake

Decorating By ljhow623 Updated 21 Jan 2010 , 3:33pm by j_arney

ljhow623 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljhow623 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 2

I am making my daughters wedding cake and need some advise please. The cake is going to be 5 separate cakes one 6, two 8 and two 10 rounds, which should serve at least 125. They will be dairy free so dont have to worry about refrigeration. Her colors are black and white and a hint of dusty rose. Each cake is going to have a sugar flower spray on top but having difficulty coming up with a design for the borders or sides of the cake. I want to incorporate the black into it some how. I'm just afraid of the black bleeding into the white if I do scrolls or loops.

One major obstacle I have is that the cake has to be completed two days before the wedding. The wedding is 3 hours away so we will be traveling the day before and I have to store it for a night at the hotel and then bring it to the reception hall in the morning prior to the wedding.

So I am looking for advise on how to incorporate the black into the cake as well as any ideas or tips to get it safety to the wedding with out having to do much once I set it up. Any suggestions or comments on the cake being fresh on the wedding day would be helpful too. I think I want to do a monogram on the small cake but just looking for ideas.

1 reply
j_arney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j_arney Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 2

You could do some type of stencil - damask, flowers, etc. There is also a damask edible image that should be easier, but gives the same effect. You could do a double ribbon - black and dusty pink.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%