Lap Top Cake

Decorating By sweets7226 Updated 21 Jan 2010 , 1:02pm by kjt

sweets7226 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweets7226 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 12:31pm
post #1 of 2

Hello everyone...
Im having a birthday party for my daughter in february. she wants an icarly party. so we talked about having a lap top cake like they use alot thru out the show. I seen a picture of a cake online when i googled icarly cakes and i seen a plain little cake. i didnt really care for the cake itself, however on the screen of the laptop it was a webpage of the icarly show like if u went online and looked at it. had all the stuff as they have on the webpage but also had a picture of the girl whos birthday it was. im new at making cakes and wanted to try to make this. but i dont know how i do any of it. such as upload the webpage to have it transfered to the cake and to get my daughters picture on the webpage to put onto the cake. Can anyone PLEASE help me out with suggestions... i soooo need as much help as i can get.. i also included a picture of the cake i liked the webpage from
thanks for all your help ..
LL

1 reply
kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 1:02pm
post #2 of 2

Here is a technique that you might use.

The "screen" part is NOT edible.

take a picture of your computer screen with a camera

print it out & trim to the size needed, glue it onto a piece of cardboard

roll out your fondant to make a "frame" for the screen, which goes around the edge of the cardboard - I added some Tylose to the fondant for stiffness

I "glued" the screen onto the back edge of the keyboard with royal icing.

Hope this is helpful! thumbs_up.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1560062.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%