Decorator Icing Help

Baking By jleigh982 Updated 20 Jan 2010 , 3:29am by Elise87

jleigh982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jleigh982 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 3:04am
post #1 of 4

I have always used wiltons decorators icing in the big tub, but I have a cake that im doing that has alot of "stand up" details (flowers,borders,grass) but I was informed last minute that the person the cake is intended for doesnt like wilton (which is all fine and dandy, i just wish i knew yesterday) lol so shes requesting i make the frosting home made...problem is...i dont have a recipe that is stiff enough to stand up. i had an old one from my mother but it seems a bit greasy, my guess is because of the crisco...anyone have one that is PROVEN to make flowers and borders stand and still tastes good???

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 3:17am
post #2 of 4

.moving to Recipe Requests. icon_smile.gif

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 3:27am
post #3 of 4

IndyDeb's recipe is wonderful and will stand very well and is delicious. But wait, you said she doesn't like the Wilton brand specifically (shortening based) , or is it that she wants a true buttercream? Seriouscakes has a great crusting buttercream and it will stand up well for grass, etc.[img]

HTH's icon_smile.gif [/img]

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 3:29am
post #4 of 4

i have an all butter buttercream that is nice and firm to pipe and make flowers with etc If your interested just let me know and i'll go find it

P.S it's not good if you want a white coloured buttercream but if you colour it then it's fine icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%