Another Fondant Question

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 19 Jan 2010 , 8:33pm by UpAt2am

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 7

Ok , how do you store a fondant covered cake? Do you put it into a cake carrier like the ones at the grocery store, or what?? Thanks for the info , i have one to do and wonder it it would get to moist stored in a plastic cake pan.

6 replies
Ritakk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ritakk Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 7

I would put it in those cake boxes you see at your local bakery. We can buy them at Wal-mart also, or you can purchase from your bakery, make sure you get the right size though. Smetimes I just deliver mine without a box, and just on the cake board. icon_wink.gif Hope this helps you.

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 7

I was just about to ask that myself icon_biggrin.gif Can it stay in the box over night or does it have to go in the refrigerator? Would the fridge hurt the fondant?

Ritakk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ritakk Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 8:06pm
post #4 of 7

It is NOT recommended to put a fondant covered cake in the refrigerator! It will sweat and may mess the looks of the cake up when you take it out! It's fine to leave on counter in box or out in open. It will not hurt it at alll.

ZoesMum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZoesMum Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 7

True, but I must say that I've put all mine in the fridge and I have never had any problems (not that I have made all that many!). I've never had any sweating problems...

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 8:29pm
post #6 of 7

I always put my fondant cakes in the fridge. Mostly because I use real butter and no crisco in my BC, and don't want it to sit out. But I've never had any problems at all. And...I've noticed fondant cakes coming out of the fridge, right before delivery on a lot of cake shows too. HTH...

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 8:33pm
post #7 of 7

whether or not to put a fondant covered cake in the fridge is a question often asked on this site. i put all of my fondant covered cakes in the fridge and never have sweating problems. some people do. i think it depends on the humidity and temp. change. you should do a test cake...just take a tiny 4 or 6 inch round, bc it, and then fondant it. put it in your fridge overnight, and then take it out and set it on your counter for a few hours. see if anything happens...if sweating occurs, then maybe the climate where you live doesn't lend to you refridgerating fondant cakes. if sweating doesn't occur, then you're good to go!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%