Cake Recipe For 3 Tier Cake

Baking By irenemurray Updated 19 Jan 2010 , 2:25pm by _Jamie_

irenemurray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irenemurray Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 4:35am
post #1 of 3

I'm making a 3 tier cake and need some advise for the recipe to use. I've loved my pound cake but don't know if it's too heavy for it. I know I can use dowels (correct spelling?)/sticks to hold up each layer but don't know if it'll work. I also know it doesn't rise much but have a hard time figuring out how long to back. I'm making a 10, 8 & 6" rounds. Any suggestions? Any other great recipes to try? Thanks. Irene icon_smile.gif

2 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 3

I'm fairly new to caking, but I have made 3-tier cakes. I've used just regular recipes, i.e. lemon, vanilla, chocolate, coconut. They work fine.

I'm hoping someone else pops in to answer the poundcake question.

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 3

Need to post the recipe in it's entirety including the instructions, and if you aren't following it exactly, you need to say that too so we can dissect what you are doing wrong or make suggestions. My recipes remain the same whether it's a 4" cake or a 16" cake. Methods may need to change a little when it comes to baking a larger cake, like using bake even strips and flower nails, but I've never needed to change amounts of ingredients.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%