? Wedding Cake On A Grand Piano

Decorating By cakemoments Updated 19 Jan 2010 , 4:10am by Mug-a-Bug

cakemoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemoments Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 11:11pm
post #1 of 9

Had anyone ever had their Wedding Cake displayed atop a Grand Piano? I am at loss on how to decorate the whole set up... If anyone has picture(s) please post or pm to me. The cake is balck and white but having it sit on a piano makes me wonder if I need table cloth? candles? flowers?

Please help on ideas!!!

8 replies
ZoesMum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZoesMum Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 12:12am
post #2 of 9

I've never displayed a cake on a grand piano, but as a pianist myself, I'd want something underneath the cake if it were my piano! Maybe you could call the venue and ask about the table cloth issue? With regards to candles, flowers, etc...can't comment on that, but it might look nice with those things!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 12:16am
post #3 of 9

definitely a tablecloth! The flowers, candles, etc. will depend on the style of the cake.

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 12:27am
post #4 of 9

I agree with ZoesMum - as another pianist I cringe anytime I see something on top of a piano, espeically flowers with water and candles as the heat could really damage the surface. Definitely find out from the venue if this is allowed first.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeryBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeryBakery Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 1:08am
post #6 of 9

Here's one I did.... attached three different views.
basically I layed silver fabric then covered that with a really shimmery tulle
LL
LL
LL

mazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mazz Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 1:17am
post #7 of 9

I know the owner of the Grand Piano would want it protected but who's responsibility is it to decorate the table or in this case the paino?

Just wondering - if decorating cake area decorating is on an individual basis per contract at an additional charge for decorating supplies.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 1:27am
post #8 of 9

I'm confused on why the issue of "who decorates it?" is actually a question unless you folks routinely include table decor as part of your pricing? icon_confused.gif

I've set up a cake on a piano, but like with any regular cake table, it was prepped, decorated and ready for me to sit the cake down.

I'm not a reception decorator nor am I your wedding planner .... if the bride wants someone else to do her decorating, she needs to hire those who do it.

There's a reason I called it "Drop and Run" delivery.

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 4:10am
post #9 of 9

I agree with Debi. Why would you think it's your job to supply / set up any of that? When I got married the cake "guy" wouldn't even place the flowers on my cake. icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%