Using Instant Pudding In Cake Mixes

Baking By wildwolves Updated 19 Jan 2010 , 8:21pm by icer101

wildwolves Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildwolves Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:43pm
post #1 of 7

I have heard that you can use instant pudding in cake mixes and it makes them more moist.. However the only recipes that i can find are ones that use packaged cake mixes.
I like to make mine from scratch..

Does anyone have a recipe they would like to share.. also does anyone know if they are stable/dense enough for tiered cakes?
Thanks in advance
Rach icon_smile.gif

6 replies
wildwolves Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 7:25am
post #2 of 7

does anyone have any suggestions on what to replace to add the instand pudding??

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 7:44am
post #3 of 7

I just dump a small package of pudding mix into my regular scratch cake batter. No substitutions or replacements. Works fine. If you are hesitant, you can start by adding 1/2 a package of pudding, just to see how you like it.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 1:35pm
post #4 of 7

Why would you ruin a scratch cake by dumping pudding in it? You might as well use a box.

Mike

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 3:47pm
post #5 of 7

Vanilla butter cake:

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/4313/vanilla-butter-cake-from-the-mermaid-bakery
(See moxey2000's variation.)

Pudding as ingredient in scratch recipes:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-20690-.html

HTH

wildwolves Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 8:01pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks CookieD-oh and JanH for the recipe ideas! Mike its something that i have not tried and thought that i would give it a shot. I have heard that it makes the cake a lot more moist. icon_smile.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 8:21pm
post #7 of 7

cookieD-oh.. your scratch cake using the pudding sounds great.. i will try this soon to see if i like it also in my scratch recipes...lots of times scratch cakes are dry.. even if they aren,t over cooked.. been there ... done that.. said that. and still bake from scratch.. there is a thread on this site .. that says. scratch wasa cake recipes..something like that.. if you haven,t seen it .. everyone check that out also... hth... again . cookieD-oh.. i bet your family and clients don,t think you have ruined your scratch cakes.. do they...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%