Ugh I Suck @ Choco/gumpaste Roses

Decorating By jenlynnlmt Updated 18 Jan 2010 , 11:11pm by Win

jenlynnlmt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlynnlmt Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:15pm
post #1 of 6

they always start off looking fine the first like 5 leaves i put on..but as it gets fuller they start looking so silly[/img]
LL

5 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 6

Candy clay flowers and gumpaste flowers are two different things, to me. Gumpaste is stretchy and can be curled and frilled.

This is the tutorial that was most helpful to me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/franjmc/2927935625/ The link to the tutorial is partway down the page in the comments. Maybe it would be useful to you too.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 6

I think you are being too hard on yourself. It looks like you just need to go up a size after the first two rows of real petals.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:52pm
post #4 of 6

you can make gumpaste more realistic like Texas_Rose said. Candy clay is fun to work with though, but it will be a little bulkier - and yummier!

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 6

your rose is stunning, there just like mine, beautiful till the last layer, and then they looked weird and dumpy, i found a petal cutter, a tad bigger than the petals on my rose cutter, and used them, they worked much much better and my roses looked more natural, As said, choco will be thicker, but they can still be beautiful!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 11:11pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Candy clay flowers and gumpaste flowers are two different things, to me. Gumpaste is stretchy and can be curled and frilled.

This is the tutorial that was most helpful to me:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%