Baby Shower Cake Ideas. Please Help

Decorating By ufgirl00 Updated 18 Jan 2010 , 11:17pm by Renaejrk

ufgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ufgirl00 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 5

Hey everyone,
An aquatance of mine asked me to make her baby shower cake. The theme is african animals and she also said something about making a baby carriage and its for a girl. I found the wilton amazing amazon cake and would love to make that but i think it looks to boyish. I also looked at baby carriages and didnt really find something that i loved and would make enough for 50 people. Does anybody have any ideas that they can share with me? I think if anything i definitly need to include the animals, not necessarily the carriage. Also, Im not good with pricing, so any help with that would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

4 replies
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 5

Before you charge you need to make sure it is legal for you to sell in your state/area. A lot of states don't allow it or are very strict about it and you have to be licensed.

As far as pricing it really is about how much you want to make. Figure up your costs first (after you figure out what you're making lol!) and then your time/effort. I know it can be a pain, but so many areas have different costs for things, it's hard to give exact numbers icon_smile.gif.

I haven't seen the Wilton cake so I don't know what it looks like, but it would be cute if you made a carriage with an animal print, and baby toys that look like animals! If you can't make that big enough put it on a sheetcake - that might work! Good luck - and have fun with it.

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 9:47pm
post #3 of 5

I have a jungle themed cake in my pictures that I did. I was thinking maybe a baby curled up in a large leaf, unless she is set on a baby carriage. Mine looks boyish too, so not too sure what to do about that.

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 9:55pm
post #4 of 5

Check out the duckie cake in my photos. It could easily be adapted to monkeys, or a combination of jungle animals like a lion, monkey, elephant and....you get the idea. It's time consuming, but really not that difficult. And the idea came from the Wilton 2010 Yearbook. It was huge hit!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 5

ooh, baby in a leaf - that would be so cute! I may have to "borrow" that idea sometime! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%