Healthy New Years Resolution

Lounge By quilting2011 Updated 18 Jan 2010 , 9:45pm by TexasSugar

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 7:18am
post #1 of 5

My goals:

1. Stay away from junk food. I joined weight watchers for 2 years - lost over 100 pounds. From 210 to 108. This is the best program for me.

2. Eating healthy - my desserts are only fresh fruits, yogurt etc.

3. Cakes and desserts I bake only for special occasions for family and friends only -

4. Exercise more and try weightlifting

4 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 11:38am
post #2 of 5

Good for you!!! It's funny that you posted this today because, last night, I told my husband that THIS is going to be the day that I quit eating cake every day. Since I started making cakes, I've gained about 15 pounds and feel sluggish.

I realize it's a little late to be a New Year's resolution icon_wink.gif , but I swear that today IS the day that I will eat healthier foods and use that Wii Fit at least 4x per week.

Thanks for your inspirational post!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 3:10pm
post #3 of 5

JGMB, it doesn't matter what time of year you do it, the important thing is that you want to do it and set yourself up to suceed.

I've been eating healthy and exercising more. Staring the year off right. icon_smile.gif

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 9:14pm
post #4 of 5

JB-

It is okay to give yourself permission to eat sweets once and while. Just focus on portion control.

Check the weight watchers website. They have wonderful cakes and dessert recipes.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 9:45pm
post #5 of 5

As Bundtdiva said, you can have those oh so good but oh so bad for us things. It is just a matter of how often and how much.

I am a firm believer in giving into cravings, as long as you do it in a healthy way.

My example is M&M's. If you want some, really want some then have a few. Because if you don't eat them you will keep thinking about them and keep thinking about them and then end up eating the whole bag of them.

You are better off eating a smaller portion of something sweet, than eating a huge portion of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%