I Got To Compete On Ultimate Cake Off!!!

Lounge By KimAZ Updated 17 Mar 2010 , 4:05pm by 7yyrt

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:22pm
post #61 of 84

HERE's THE BIG REMINDER YOU ALL ASKED FOR!

MONDAY, MARCH 15th ON TLC! Check your local listing for time.

Watch us compete on the Monster Jam Ultimate Cake Off!

I'm on the green team! Also watch for Jennifer Atwood on the blue team!

We're having big parties to watch the show with all our families and friends! Hope you all can watch too!

KimAZ

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:56pm
post #62 of 84

I'll have to remember to check the air time - I missed last week because I thought it was on at 10pm icon_sad.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 6:12pm
post #63 of 84

Cool Kimaz..be looking for you!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 7:17pm
post #64 of 84

That's great Kim. I'll record it... I'm sure you did great.

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 7:37pm
post #65 of 84

Thank you for the reminder - Hey - we can all party "together". Yeah, we are watching in different time zones, etc. but in spirit we are all gathered together with snacks and our fav. beverage - cheering loudly!!! Whoo-hoo!

TucsonGina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TucsonGina Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 4:26am
post #66 of 84

I am so glad I saw your post while it was on! I am so excited for my fellow Arizonian! WOW! icon_biggrin.gif

Debi2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debi2 Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 2:25pm
post #67 of 84

KimAZ....I watched the Ultimate Cake Off last night and your cake was awesome! Congrats, your team did a fantastic job!!! thumbs_up.gifparty.gif

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 3:02pm
post #68 of 84

With all due respect to the other contestants, the green team had my vote - your cake was incredible! Fun, vibrant, the stadium was way cool...

Each team did have their own "wow!" factors - the sugar ring of fire, the 9'2" height...

I couldn't imagine the stress of creating such feats in 9 hours (or 8 if you sit out twice icon_surprised.gif ).

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 3:21pm
post #69 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

Wow, thanks everyone! I promise as soon as I know when it will air, I'll be telling the world! icon_biggrin.gif

I will tell you that we only got to do one particial practice run before we left so we never got to see our cake entirely completed until the day we did it on air. I was SO relieve and SO proud that I cried when we were done! icon_cry.gif A camera man was on me then too but I don't know if that part will be shown. I'll probably look like a big dork.

KimAZ

No you didn't look like a dork, but they did show it and I did see it. I noticed you were crying and I figured it was relief! You guys did an awesome job.

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 5:22pm
post #70 of 84

Kim, I saw you crying and I think that was sweet. I loved your cake and the team work you guys had.

I don't want to comment on the other teams because after what happened with Sharon I understand is moslty edited but my vote was between your team and Jenn/Tobias.

Debi2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debi2 Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 5:38pm
post #71 of 84

Kim,
Don't feel bad about crying...I didn't even notice, and I even went back to watch it again once I saw this forum this morning (just so happened I'd recorded it) and knew you would be on. My point is...most people probably didn't even see you were crying. That would definitely be alot of stress, but I agree with the previous poster who said you guys had great teamwork, and it showed in your final product! Again....EXCELLENT JOB!Now that you guys have your first Ultimate Cake Off competition under your belt, you'll kick some tail next time and come away with the win for sure! icon_smile.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 9:42pm
post #72 of 84

I loved your cake Kim, even my DH thought it was the winner. I actually thought the cake that won had too much that wasn't completed & that is only my honest opinion.

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 9:53pm
post #73 of 84

Watched last night and I LOVED your cake! It was awesome. Too bad there can only be one winner! You guys really rocked it!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 11:44pm
post #74 of 84

Life got in the way and I missed it. Will catch onn replay! Congrats to you all !~

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 16 Mar 2010 , 11:57pm
post #75 of 84

what did I miss?? My DVR recorded a winter wedding one? What ring of fire? BTW- congrats Kim!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 12:40am
post #76 of 84

Congrats for such an accomplishment! awesome work!!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 12:53am
post #77 of 84

Congratulations on your grand adventure!

AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 12:53am
post #78 of 84

Foxy: Mine did the same thing and I caught it in time to record the replay. Great jobs both CC teams! The Atwoods did an amazing job, and KimAZ, your team was just as amazing. Go get 'em next time out! thumbs_up.gif

Chickycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chickycakes Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 3:18pm
post #79 of 84

You did wonderful!
I was disappointed in Ashley's behavior-she came off so smug and arrogant. Sheesh. But who knows, that could all be in the editing. icon_biggrin.gif

CoutureCakeCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCakeCreations Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 3:33pm
post #80 of 84

Unfortunatly I must have missed it. Does anyone know if it will air again?

Firewife54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firewife54 Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 3:36pm
post #81 of 84

OMG! I saw you! Obviously I didn't know it was you but I watched that episode on Monday and remember seeing a lady with a red face crying and thinking to myself...I would be the same way and crying too! Congratulations! I loved your cake!

mslesuer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mslesuer Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 3:39pm
post #82 of 84

Wow...Congrats!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 4:03pm
post #83 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoutureCakeCreations

Unfortunatly I must have missed it. Does anyone know if it will air again?

It is available online now. I couldn't find when it airs again.
http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/ultimate-cake-off-monster-mash-full-episode.html

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 17 Mar 2010 , 4:05pm
post #84 of 84

Saw it last night.
I thought the stadium cake with the monster mouth was the best.
Did you see the size of that cake with the ring of fire!?! It was so funny when they cracked the ramp, but my heart was in my mouth!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%