Any Chocolate Cake Mix Doctors On Here?

Decorating By LoriMc Updated 18 Jan 2010 , 3:35am by AngelFood4

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 11:05pm
post #1 of 10

Will it be bad if I don't add the 3 T of cocoa powder to the devil's food mix? I'm out and I'm in the middle of making it. Any opinions from those who are doctored cake mix fans?

9 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 10

Do you have chocolate pudding to add to it as well?

LoriMc Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 10

No, the recipe doesn't call for that. Do you think I could sub it for cocoa powder?

Kitagrl Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 10

I would do this: Cake mix...one box of chocolate pudding...reduce water to one cup...regular amount of oil....four eggs...and then you can throw in a few T's of cocoa as well...and a squirt of pure vanilla.

LoriMc Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 12:11am
post #5 of 10

I guess I left out the fact that I don't have any cocoa powder! lol That was the purpose of my post. DUH.......me!

Kitagrl Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 12:37am
post #6 of 10

Oh. LOL.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 1:04am
post #7 of 10

you did say you didn,t have cocoa.. but kitarl's help was good too. she just overlooked .. you not having any cocoa. i usually melt 3-4 oz. of unsweeten chocolate .. to the recipe.. instead of the cocoa powder.. you,ve probably already have it in oven.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 1:11am
post #8 of 10

If you don't have cocoa pwder,pudding or chocolate you can use some chocolate syrup, I've done it before and tasted fine.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 3:25am
post #9 of 10

the cocoa powder is not crucial...just gives it a deeper flavor.

you could also do Kitgirl's advice without the cocoa...it's very good this way and I do this all the time icon_smile.gif

AngelFood4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelFood4 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 3:35am
post #10 of 10

I use Kakeladi's WASC recipe. Instead of the 1 cup of water, I sub in Milk mixed with about 1/4 cup of Chocolate Syrup. It sounds like a lot but it is super delicious and moist! I've also melted chocolate chips and added it to the Milk as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%