Help, My Chocolate Melting Pro Is Getting Way To Hot !

Sugar Work By Carlachef Updated 27 Jan 2010 , 4:40pm by Carlachef

Carlachef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlachef Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 6

I have a Wilton Chocolate melting pro and its getting my chocolate way to hot. I'm haveing to seed and temper the chocolate a'peels. I dont remember ever having to do this to the candy coatings before. By the time the chocolate is melted, it like 115 degrees and of course it blooms badly. Is anyone else having a problem with the candy pro?

5 replies
chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 6

I found when I started it on Melt, and then turned it to Warm that it would get too hot. I just put it on Warm now, and although it takes longer to melt, the problems seems to be better.

HTH,
Chelle

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 6

I also use the warm setting from start to finish, otherwise it does get too hot for me also

Auntie_RaRa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auntie_RaRa Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 8:25pm
post #4 of 6

I do not have problems with using Dark chocolate melts at all. For milk chocolate, I leave on warm. White chocolate, I just melt in microwave. I'm not using the Wilton candy melts. It's Nestle (I think that is the brand name I get from cake store) and Merkens for white chocolate. I couldn't the Wilton melts to work for me.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 5:47pm
post #5 of 6

It does get really hot if you have it on for long periods of time too. I have turned my off for a bit and then only turned it back on when the chocolate starts to get thicker agian.

Carlachef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carlachef Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 4:40pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you all for your replies, I use Guittard candy melts. I will try the melting on warm.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%