Best Sugar Cookie Ever!!!

Baking By KATHIESKREATIONS Updated 16 Jan 2010 , 10:43pm by Deb_

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 1:49am
post #1 of 9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
icon_biggrin.gif OH MY GOSH! I baked about 75 cookies today for an up coming baby shower & for the Raven's football game tomorrow, using KHalstead's recipe and I have to let you know that these are the BESTEST sugar cookies I have ever had! That pudding in it just makes them so chewy on the inside. I used the cheesecake one & could not get over the texture and taste. Thank you so much for posting, KHalstead, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them! Now to start decorating...LOL I used to think doing all the cakes that I have done over the years was time consuming...I am not so sure about that icon_rolleyes.gif now that I have all these cookies to decorate! Fun times ahead though.... thumbs_up.gif

~~~Kathie~~~

8 replies
cindy531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy531 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 2:03am
post #2 of 9

Can you post a link?

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 2:15am
post #3 of 9

yay! i love a good, chewy, sugar cookie. question: did they spread a lot while baking and did the edges turn brown quickly?

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 2:16am
post #4 of 9

I looked in the recipe section and found a link for her cookies. Here it is... http://cakecentral.com/recipes/15218/khalsteads-modified-nfsc

They sound yummy. I use the NFSC recipe all the time, so this will be fun to experiment with. Thanks KHalstead!!

cindy531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy531 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 2:38am
post #5 of 9

Serenatea thanks for posting the link. I also use NFSC all the time...never had a problem with them...but always looking for a better tasting cookie. I will try this.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 2:51am
post #6 of 9

Thank you for starting this thread. I like the sugar cookie recipe that I use now but I agree that it will be fun to experiment.

This recipe sounds DEVINE! Thank you, Khalstead for sharing your recipe icon_smile.gif

katystinykitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katystinykitchen Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:06am
post #7 of 9

Sounds yummy! I just got a sugar cookie order and I'll have to try these!!

Now if only I could find a fool proof icing recipe that dries hard enough to stack them!!

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 3:13am
post #8 of 9

Use Antonia's royal icing recipe. They are great with this cookie. Here is the link for that recipe. http://cakecentral.com/recipes/1983/antonia74-royal-icing

I love this recipe!! Thanks Antonia!!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 10:43pm
post #9 of 9

I agree about this recipe....I used it for my Christmas cookies this year and everyone loved them.

I use a glace recipe for the icing and they dry enough to stack/package.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%