Help - Refridgerated?

Decorating By jadedlogic Updated 16 Jan 2010 , 4:27pm by JanH

jadedlogic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadedlogic Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 1:29am
post #1 of 5

I am about to fill a cake with banana creme pudding and just had the thought of does it have to be refridgerated after opening? Its one of the pre packaged ones in the grocery store ( not in the refrigerated section)

Thanks !

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 1:31am
post #2 of 5

Yes, the pudding from those little cups has to be refrigerated once it's in a cake.

jadedlogic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadedlogic Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 1:38am
post #3 of 5

I'm covering it in mmf with a wilton fondant ribbon - is that okay to go in the fridge also?

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 1:42am
post #4 of 5

Do you need to attach the ribbon before refrigerating? If you can leave it off until just before delivery, you'd be better off. I have had great success refrigerating MMF covered cakes. I fridge all my cakes as I only use SMBC under fondant. Just let it set at room temp until any condensation has evaporated - and DON'T touch it, even if you're tempted. Good luck.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 4:27pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedlogic

Its one of the pre packaged ones in the grocery store ( not in the refrigerated section)

Is it a pudding cup or a sleeved pastry filling in a plastic tube.

The pudding cups don't require refrigeration until they're opened... Then treat the same as you would fresh pudding.

The sleeved pastry fillings don't require refrigeration after opening unless you have left-over product, which should be refrigerated to extend its shelf life.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%