Raspberry White Chocolate Cake Request

Baking By mcdonald Updated 16 Jan 2010 , 12:05am by Deb_

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 10

Okay.. I hope someone can bail me out here.. if so, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

I have a request for a raspberry white chocolate cake. Of course, I have told her yes!! I do have a recipe but haven't tried it. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me or a favorite recipe.

I thought I would use the WASC and put some melted white chocolate in it and the some of the juice from raspberries.

any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

9 replies
mcdonald Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 10

bump bump bump !!

No ideas or recipes??? Please.... !!

CWIL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWIL Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 10

Great idea with the WASC recipe - you could also add white chocolate pudding to the mix. How about doing a raspberry filling?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 7:30pm
post #4 of 10

I use a regular white cake batter, add white choc. pudding mix, 2 capfuls of raspberry extract and fold in, in 6 oz. of white choc. that I shave into my bowl of already mixed batter using a vegetable peeler.

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 7:35pm
post #5 of 10

What kind of icing are you planning on? The white chocolate mff over wasc with white chocolate ganache mousse filling layered with raspberry preserves gets my vote icon_biggrin.gif If you do a two layer it would be (from bottom up): wasc / ganache / raspberry preserves / cake, or you could sandwich the preserves in ganache, well, I'm drooling now__ the preserves cut the sweetness beautifully.

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 7:35pm
post #6 of 10

I second KHalstead's idea. I would fill it with white chocolate truffle filling (from the gourmet flavors thread)

Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 9:23pm
post #7 of 10

I use The Cake Doctor cookbook recipe which is a doctored cake mix; use seedless raspberry jam for the filling and white chocolate buttercream for the frosting. Be sure to make the buttercream dam between the layers before filling. This is a favorite in our family and my daughter used this recipe for her wedding cake. It was beautiful and delicious and I did not make it because I had not learned to do so at that time. Best of luck to you.

mcdonald Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 10:02pm
post #8 of 10

fabulous ideas ladies!! thanks so much for your time..... I will let you know how it turns out!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 10:29pm
post #9 of 10

Wasn't there a similar thread with this very question recently? http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6681032#6681032

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 16 Jan 2010 , 12:05am
post #10 of 10

If you've never made/tasted this before you may want to do a trial test run to be sure it's something you want your name on.

I wouldn't sell a client something I've never made or tasted before.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%