Horse And Carriage Ornament, Australia Help!

Decorating By cags31 Updated 21 Jan 2010 , 12:50pm by cags31

cags31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cags31 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 14

I am making a wedding cake for my best friend and she wants a horse and carriage ornament to sit on the cake board. I am having great difficulty locating one. Wilton use to make one but it is discontinued. Does anybody know where i can get my hands on one in Melbourne, Australia. I am happy to order one from anywhere, i am desperate!

13 replies
just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 12:12am
post #2 of 14

try ebay maybe?

kc229 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kc229 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 12:45am
post #3 of 14

there's a shop here in adelaide called carolines sugar art, i've seen the horses in their front window, not sure on the carriage and i'm not sure whether they are for sale or not...but it's worth a try. i'm sure if you asked then they could post them out to you.

jjeana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjeana Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:49am
post #4 of 14

take a look at these i found on www.cakeandcandy.com

cags31 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 12:11pm
post #5 of 14

Thanks for all your help.
I try ebay everyday in case something new gets posted but with no luck.
I have emailed cakeandcandy because they have the one i am after, hopefully they can post to Australia.

thanks again

verisimilitude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verisimilitude Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:31pm
post #6 of 14

There's always etsy if you can't find one that looks the way you want it to. If you don't find anything on etsy that's exactly right, you could always use the special function they have to have a custom one created by an artisan. Good luck!

kate_c Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kate_c Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 6:01am
post #7 of 14

I only just saw your post then... when is the cake for? the reason I ask is because I actually made my wedding cake, and wanted the same on top, and since I also do eggshell artistry I made a wedding carriage out of cut duck egg for the top. I didn't end up putting the horse I bought on top (size-wise I ended up preferring how it looked just as the carriage without the horse for my cake, but there is also the option of having the horse to go with it too)...

I am in sydney, not melbourne, but if you are still struggling, you could always see if anyone near you does eggshell artistry, otherwise (depending on when the wedding is) I could look at doing a carriage for you, it's just the transport that worries me a little...

I think I have uploaded a photo of my wedding cake here previously, so check out my photos to see if you like the idea of the egg-carriage on top.

Cheers,

Kate

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 6:21am
post #8 of 14

Another suggestion is to look outside of cake decorating supply shops - craft stores, jewellery/ornament shops, or even department stores may have something appropriate.

Have you tried Earl Cake and Craft in Melbourne? They seem to have a biggish range of stuff. And I've also had cake topper success with "Pink Frosting".

Evoir Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 6:27am
post #9 of 14

There are at least two horse and carriage ornaments here (Brisbane shop):

http://www.cakeornament.com.au/index.cfm?Do=View.Category&CategoryID=1

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 8:57am
post #11 of 14

Hi there Elise! You've been a postin' fool since I was last here on CC I see!!

cags31 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 4:38am
post #12 of 14

I have had no luck with cakeandcandy, they didn't reply back.
Thanks for all your help. i didn't realise this was going to be this hard icon_sad.gif I will keep trying.
thanks again

Evoir Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 3:32am
post #13 of 14

cags - did you check out cakeornaments.com.au - the link I posted above?

cags31 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 12:50pm
post #14 of 14

Thanks Evoir, i did, but they are plastic and i wanted one that she could have as a keepsake.

Search is over!! I managed to get the exact one i wanted on ebay!! My friend managed to stumble across it, i don't know how!! i searched everything possible and it was there all along. It's from America so i'm hoping it arrives in one piece.
Now hopefully my friend can decide on the cake she wants.

Thanks everybody icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%