Pound Cake For Birthday Cake

Baking By dalis4joe Updated 15 Jan 2010 , 12:37pm by bettinashoe

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 11:15pm
post #1 of 7

Looking for a Pound Cake recipe... one that you have tried... or made... or tasted.... but that it is gooooodddd!!! Please Help Me!!!

6 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 12:59am
post #2 of 7

Here's an easy and DELICIOUS pound cake recipe

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/6809/Cream-Cheese-Pound-Cake

bettinashoe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bettinashoe Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 1:07am
post #3 of 7

I just made Alton Brown's pound cake recipe last night. It is a true pound cake, 1 pound butter, 1 pound sugar, 1 pound flour. You can look the recipe up on Food Network. It was really good and I got another order for one for Saturday from last night's.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 1:22am
post #4 of 7
bettinashoe Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 1:28am
post #5 of 7

Funny, I had Alton's and Paula's recipes printed off and was debating on which to make. I decided on Alton's because it is a true poundcake, as I mentioned before. Paula's only called for 6 eggs (I believe that's what it was) as compared to the one pound (9 eggs) in Alton's. The reviews for Paula's were great and I will try it soon.

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 4:47am
post #6 of 7

I'm gonna go with Alton Brown... (I LOVE HIM)! thanks for the info! will let u know how it turns out....

Does anyone know why some recipes call for a cold oven to start baking?????

bettinashoe Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 12:37pm
post #7 of 7

My daughter uses the cold oven recipe and swears by it. She said the crust is crispy and that it is the best pound cake she has ever made and they are a big seller for her, too. The main difference, per her, is the crust.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%