Help/quick!! Cracking Mmf?

Decorating By saraisweets Updated 14 Jan 2010 , 1:09am by cdgleason

saraisweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saraisweets Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 12:59am
post #1 of 3

MY mmf is cracking. I made gray and navy from the same batch and the gray is fine, but the navy is cracking. What am I doing wrong?

2 replies
dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 1:06am
post #2 of 3

How much food colouring did you put into the navy? If fondant has a lot of colouring the texture is affected. try kneading some glycerine in if you have it. If not knead some shortening in.

cdgleason Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdgleason Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 1:09am
post #3 of 3

could the fondant be drying out??
I recently bought a video by Jennifer Dontz.... ' how to cover a cake in fondant" it has a recipe for adding white chocolate to store bought fondant.... since I bought the dvd at my local cake store, I haven't had any problems with fondant drying out or getting the "elephant skin" look!!
Before I bought the dvd, I had NO confidence in my own skills covering a cake in fondant.... and since I bought it, I have succesfully covered many small cakes, AND a 15, 12, 9 and 6 inch wedding cake!! Even I was impressed with my own skills, and that NEVER happens!!
If you have access to a good cake supply store, I highly advise getting the DVD.... if you don't have a good cake store, you can probably find it on line,
try this web sight :
www.countrykitchensa.com
good luck! cindy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%