How Much Would You Charge For This In The Uk?

Decorating By MissCakeCrazy Updated 13 Jan 2010 , 12:22pm by rainbow_kisses

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 10:23am
post #1 of 6

How much would you charge for this cake in the UK? The stand I will charge seperately.

The bride wants sugar flowers.
LL

5 replies
rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 11:42am
post #2 of 6

I would charge £350 just for the cakes and then £2.50 per flower (not sure how many flowers where on the cake as i have not counted) and then the hire or full charge for the stand.

MissCakeCrazy Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 11:47am
post #3 of 6

Isn't that price too low for 9 tiers? That would make it £38 each.

rainbow_kisses Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 12:13pm
post #4 of 6

I was basing it on 5x8" 3x6" and 1x4" cakes and I have just noticed that you are in London where as I am in the North East of England. So take that into account. I also charge a basic price for the cake and charge more according to decoration, carving and flavour.so having a proper look at the flowers and my total price would probably be closer to £600 with the flowers. You would probably charge 25% more than that down south.

MissCakeCrazy Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 12:16pm
post #5 of 6

I am thinking of three 8" cakes, two 6" cakes, three 10" cakes and one 12". I think it would need roughly 60 roses which I will be charging for £5 each (is that too much?). In total I have calculated the whole cake (without the stand) to be £1010. Is that realistic?

rainbow_kisses Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 12:22pm
post #6 of 6

For the sizes you are looking at and the roses that sound about right. Are you also making small blossoms as fillers like the picture? It has blue fillers.I would consider making 20% more flowers to accomodate any brakeages.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%