Order For 40 Cup Cakes? How Do I Transport?

Baking By sarascakecreations Updated 13 Jan 2010 , 5:27pm by caraleecupcake

sarascakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarascakecreations Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 5:14am
post #1 of 8

Hello all,

i have an order for 40 cup cakes in a few weeks that i just got. i am wondering how i can transport these without them getting ruined or the icing getting squished.

do i have to go out and buy special cup cake containers (those clear ones) or can i use a cake box some how?

any tips would be greatly appreciated!

sara

7 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 5:19am
post #2 of 8

You can use a cake box with a cardboard put into the bottom of it.

If you're just doing swirls on top, it's easiest to put the cupcakes in the box and then pipe the swirls.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 5:37am
post #3 of 8

A cheap and reuseable alternative is get a thin sheet of styro (from craft store), put in inside one or more cookie sheets, stick toothpicks evenly spaced, pop your cupcakes on (so toothpick pierces bottom of cupcake).

Then when you arrive, you can pop them off and set on a platter, serving tray, etc. Obviously be careful not to lose a toothpick when removing the cupcakes. This is how I always brought them to my kids class or delivered for use on a cupcake stand.

The same theory works even better in clean boxes to prevent dust, etc. HTH

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 5:44am
post #4 of 8

You can also put them in a tray cut from a cardboard box and lined with nonskid drawer liner, if you're going to be delivering and setting them up.

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 6:11am
post #5 of 8

I transported some cupcakes in a gift box, the ones with lids, they arrived perfectly.

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 7:16am
post #6 of 8

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-586286.html
Try going here! They talk about a really creative and genius way! Not to mention very affordable way to transport any number of cupcakes! I have tried it several time and it really worked amazing. At one point, 60 in a box, and not one fell or got mixed up!

sarascakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarascakecreations Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 2:31pm
post #7 of 8

thank you all so much! great ideas that will definately work. and i just got another order for cup cakes for february so i really needed sometging i can reuse.

sara

caraleecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caraleecupcake Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 5:27pm
post #8 of 8

I LOVE my cupcake courier. It only holds 36 regular size cupcakes though. A friend of mine got it for me onsale at Home Goods and my boyfriend bought me another one for christmas icon_smile.gif I like this one cuz its stackable and really sturdy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%