Mmf Fondant Figures?

Decorating By annsquared Updated 12 Jan 2010 , 6:44pm by CookieMeister

annsquared Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annsquared Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 2:59am
post #1 of 3

Hi All
I am going to be making my daughter's first Bday cake and I would like to include a figurine of a goose. I'm making my own fondant (MMF) and I also have Tylose powder, so I would like to be able to use that to create it. I'm at a loss for how to create it though. Anyone have any ideas of how to construct a goose?? It doesn't need to be realistic, in fact, a 'cartoony' replica would probably work best considering the overall look the cake will have and the fact that it's a 1st bday cake.
Thanks to anyone who has any suggestions!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
LuckyFace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LuckyFace Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 1:20pm
post #2 of 3

I would start with rolling a ball a bit bigger than the bottom of the goose you want to end up with, then turn that ball into a fat pointy cone and start pulling/turning the pointy end into a neck, keeping the end of the neck quite fat so that you can later shape a head out of it. It probably needs a few gos before you get the proportions right, but that's how I'd do it. Then you would just need to pinch the round bottom at the back so that it has a tail feather appearance. After that, a beak, and 2 feet. Perhaps 2 stuck on wings (perhaps a heart cut in two for that) no?

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 3

There are some instructions on a fondant goose in the Cake Decorator's Motif bible - you could check your bookstore to see if they have it.

Not sure if Lorraine has one, but check her website - she does all sorts of tutorials on animals and such.

http://extra-icing.blogspot.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%