Filling A Cake

Decorating By cathy341 Updated 12 Jan 2010 , 12:29am by CakeMommyTX

cathy341 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathy341 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 12:04am
post #1 of 3

What is filling a cake is it a filling between two layes or is it something you put in a cake mix Like lemon craem cake or lemon chiffon cake.

2 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 12:11am
post #2 of 3

The filling is something that is placed between the layers.

Some popular fillings are fruit based. Butter cream can also be used as a filling. Other fillings may be mousse, custards, curds etc.

So anything you may spread between the layers is called a filling.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 12:29am
post #3 of 3

Anything I put between 2 layers of cake I consider filling, even if it's just butter cream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%