Fat Daddio Cake Pans

Decorating By rachel-b Updated 20 Jan 2010 , 1:25am by Kitagrl

rachel-b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachel-b Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 11:34pm
post #1 of 12

Hello! I just received my order from GSA, but was a little disappointed icon_sad.gif The round Fat Daddio Cake pans don't seem to be any more straight-sided than my Wilton pans. Am I expecting too much? Is there a round pan that will produce a completely straight side? Maybe I just need to try them out??
Thanks for your help!

11 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 11:37pm
post #2 of 12

rachel-b, you might be better served by calling Customer Service at GSA to get immediate assistance. icon_smile.gif

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 12

I'm a little disappointed with GSA too. I ordered some lime green disco dust from them last week, and when it arrived...it's Christmas green!!! I thought, surely they've just sent the wrong one, but no. The label clearly says lime green, and it couldn't be more grass/Christmas green if it tried!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 12:06am
post #4 of 12

I don't think its GSA's fault...the dusts are almost impossible to tell the exact color without looking at them in person. I learned that already.... its very difficult.

I have gotten some fat daddio pans and they seem just fine to me...actually....???

Anyway GSA has awesome customer service, they usually ship my order the same day, and I have never had a problem with them. I'm sure if you called them to ask something they'd be happy to work with you.

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 12:54am
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengyrl26

I'm a little disappointed with too. I ordered some lime green disco dust from them last week, and when it arrived...it's Christmas green!!! I thought, surely they've just sent the wrong one, but no. The label clearly says lime green, and it couldn't be more grass/Christmas green if it tried!

thumbsdown.gif If I order something that is called Lime Green....it better be lighter in shade than that bow in your avatar!

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 1:01am
post #6 of 12

Kitagrl, Jamie...
Trust me...it doesn't have even a hint of lime in it. It's even "greener" than the Christmas tree cake in my photos. Seriously...it's Christmas green. So disappointed in GSA, because you know that whoever put that label on there noticed that it's NOT lime green! Or even if they didn't, whoever pulled it out of stock and got it ready to ship certainly should have...

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 1:46pm
post #7 of 12

I think you need to contact global directly,as was stated they have great customer service, and they will take care of you.

The dusts that you are talking about, i doubt that global labels and packages those. So if you call an talk to a rep about the color not being lime green but the label saying it is, they can check out the stock and contact the manufacturer about the mistake, or that could just be what that manufacturer calls lime green.

creativecreationsbykamica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creativecreationsbykamica Posted 13 Jan 2010 , 1:27am
post #8 of 12

Rachel-B

Are the Fat Daddios Pans atleast a good quality??

O I PM you...just ignore that...lol!

mimi67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi67 Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 3:05pm
post #9 of 12

I think its funny that nobody called Global Sugar Art first. Wouldn't that be the smart thing to do. I have ordered from them many many times. If something was not as I expected, I simply picked up the phone and the issue was resolved. Very simple. No bashing necessary, and that works for me!

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 12:41am
post #10 of 12

We, very recently, received a call from a customer who ordered the lime green Mystical dust and was disappointed in the color. We pulled one of the bottles and agreed with her that it was not lime green even though the manufacturer labeled it as such. We sent this customer a different product at no charge. In addition, we modified our description on our website of the Lime Green dust stating that we at GSA felt this was more of an emerald green, despite the labeling. I simply cannot think of any more we could do for a customer. Alan

creatingcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creatingcakes Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 1:03am
post #11 of 12

And that is why we love Global Sugar Art, and Alan!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 20 Jan 2010 , 1:25am
post #12 of 12

I love Global Sugar Art...I didn't know to order from them until they joined CC but I've been hooked ever since.

I ordered dust from another company while ordering sugar flowers and the dusts were definitely not the colors I thought they were. But it wasn't the company's fault, it was the way the dust company labels them and the way each individual computer screen translates the color. I had to get last minute colors from my local cake supply place (they bail me out sometimes and its great!) but I knew it was really nobody's fault...its just hard to pick an exact color ONLINE.

If I want a color to match a room in my house, its safest to go shop in person. So if we want a color to match a cake, its safest to look first if possible. Often with dust I'll just buy like 3 different shades and figure if I don't use it that particular time, I'll use it in the future.

Just have to say, GSA is probably in my top five list of awesome customer service on the internet..including super duper fast shipping.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%