Best Cream Cheese Filling For Red Velvet Cake

Baking By baking4life Updated 17 Jun 2010 , 9:53am by shanney54

baking4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baking4life Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 8

Hey everyone! I have a red velvet cake for Sunday for a coworker. SHe is my dearest friend and want to do the best red velvet cake for her baby's first birthday.

Can you help me by telling me what is your best cream cheese filling or any other filling for a red velvet cake. I really want to impress her. She is a fan of my cakes but I have not done red velvet cake before. Especially cream cheese filling. Please help

7 replies
marion123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marion123 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 8

hi there!

Go to http://www.cakemanraven.com/
He has the best Red Velvet Cake and the best cream cheese frosting.. Trust me, you will be so happy you are using his receipe,

Enjoy!!

mimimil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimimil Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 8

hi there- you should try cake man raven's recipe- i've made it a few times and its always a ppl pleaser- u can find his recipe for the cake and icing/filling on his website.

here's the link:
http://www.cakemanraven.com/recipe.htm

mimi

baking4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baking4life Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you so much. I can't wait to do this cake

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 10:17pm
post #5 of 8

I prefer CakemanRaven's red velvet cake with Rose Levy Beranbaum's Dreamy Creamy White Chocolate Frosting. I think it's a little smoother and sets up better then the Creamcheese frosting Cakeman Raven has. It has a really nice creamcheese flavor as well.

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 5:49am
post #6 of 8

paula deen has an AWESOME cream cheese icing...YUMMY!!!!

CakeWhisperer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhisperer Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 6:26pm
post #7 of 8

I just made my third red velvet cake today, using three different recipes. I really like the color and texture of Cake Man Raven's recipe so far, but I have to say I really like Sarah's Red Velvet Cake Tweaked recipe for taste; and it's a darker red because there's WAY more cocoa powder in her recipe. My question for those who recommend Cake Man Raven's cream cheese frosting - Does it crust? I need a crusting frosting. Thank you!

shanney54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanney54 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 9:53am
post #8 of 8

Does anyone have the recipe saved? I clicked on the link to the website but it didn't bring up anything.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%