Business Plan... Tips, Etc.

Business By Denelly666 Updated 11 Jan 2010 , 7:41pm by jillmakescakes

Denelly666 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denelly666 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 3

I am looking for helpful resources with regards to developing a business plan that anyone may have used. I have had a class in business planning and know the general form of a business plan. The area that I am most concerned with is developing the financial projections for the business. If anyone used a book or computer program that they found I helpful I would appreciate the recommendation... there are so many books on the market that I just want to make sure I am getting what I need before investing in ones that aren't worth it.

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 3

I did my own biz plan, but had a CPA do the financial projections stuff. I had to give him the basic data, but he did the higher level accounting stuff.

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 7:41pm
post #3 of 3

I did my own business plan, an unfortunately, some of the numbers are just well educated guesses.

I say well educated because while you don't KNOW what your electric bill will be, you can call another food establishment to see if they will share the info with you. Also, I'd suggest checking with a similarly sized business in a similarly sized city and see what kind of info they can share on how many cakes they do a week, how much their phone bill is etc. Then, you can guestimate your higher or lower as need be.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%