My First Bridal Show This Weekend!!! Help!

Decorating By JamieBrooke Updated 12 Jan 2010 , 3:01am by icingimages

JamieBrooke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamieBrooke Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:16pm
post #1 of 7

Okay so I was invited to do a Bridal Showcase as a wedding cake Vendor this weekend! Short Notice uh? I dont know what I need to have there with me! Please anyone that has done this, can u please tell me what to have there other than the decorated cake (which I am making a dummy cake) and I will have a cake to serve. I will have business cards as well. I am just nervous, I know I will be a rookie and I dont want to look that way. icon_redface.gif Please Please Please....Help me prepare for this! Thank You So Much!!!

6 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 7

It has been my experience that to serve a cake is too much for the attendies. I use mini cupcakes and it's perfect.
Make enough dummies to fit your table size. For example, if your table is 7 foot in length, figure 3-4 dummies.
For sure bring your business cards, any brochures you have (but no totally neceaasry)
Some bridal shows, the vendors offer drawings for prizes. If yours does you will need to figure out what your going to offer.
Most of all, relax and have fun!
Good Luck

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:47pm
post #3 of 7

Also be aware that we're hearing more and more reports of Health Department people attending these events, asking for copies of licenses, looking you up via a hand held device, or just gathering info to contact you later. Be prepared with a copy of your license just in case.

Other than that, dummy cakes (I take about 8, but I have an elaborate display after all these years, biz cards definitely and picture book is nice and cake samples in a lidded cup (souffle cup) with a sticker with your contact info on it.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:59pm
post #4 of 7

A laptop or video picture frame are a great way to show off photos of your cakes. More people are able to view them at a time. Water, snacks, order forms, receipt book, a gift for a draw at your table plus ballots (put a check box on it so that people can state whether they wish to be contacted in the future, ballot box, pens

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 2:33pm
post #5 of 7

I just did my first one this past weekend. I had 3 display cakes, two on my table and one was used for the entrance to the bridal fair. I made cupcakes (3 flavors that I offer) instead of a cake. I had flyers made, I had my business cards, and I used a laptop with a slide show to show off my other cakes, not just wedding cakes. Decorate your table and just have fun.

cupandcake81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupandcake81 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 3:08pm
post #6 of 7

Good luck let us know how it works out for you!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 3:01am
post #7 of 7

Have someone else hand out your samples. You walk up to people directly and shake their hand and introduce yourself. Be bold, ask them questions about them and get them to talk about themselves. People like to talk about themselves, the more you get them talking and the more interested you are in them, the more they will remember you. They want someone they beleive has their best interests in mind, not someone who is going feed them some cake and move on to the next prospect. Also, keep bottled waters, the small ones you get at Costco. If you see someone in need, give them one. Water goes a long way at these events, people get parched.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%