Thank You For The Help Yesterday...it Worked

Decorating By Taigen Updated 10 Jan 2010 , 10:12pm by Deb_

Taigen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taigen Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 4

Yesterday I posted on the decorating forum about how could I get my fondant "red" so I could make a last minute joke cake for my son. I had some left over fondant from a wedding cake I made a couple of weeks ago but wondered how on earth I could get it red enough for a Budweizer beer cap.
Well they said to just knead in a lot of the no taste and let it sit as long as possible so that is what I did. I added 2 large dollops of red and kneaded it in...then wrapped it tightly for the night. I was pleasantly surprised at how red it got today...so much so I had a hard time covering the "rim" gold. But it all worked out I guess, I am pleased with it and I hope our son gets a kick from it. It is for his birthday today.
Thanks again, I don't get to post, bake etc. as much as you guys but I really do enjoy the hobby. You guys are all so helpful.
Here is my version of a Budweizer beer cap.
Taigen

P.S. Sorry aobut all this mishaps with the photos...not sure what I did wrong there. Hope these show up alright.
LL
LL
LL

3 replies
Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 4

This is amazing thanks for sharing your photos with us.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 4

That's a great cake!! I'm sure your son loved it. icon_razz.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 10 Jan 2010 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 4

Excellent! I'm so happy it worked out for ya! Don't be a stranger icon_wink.gif

P.S. I noticed where you're from, my DH and I went to your "neck of the woods" on a cruise in September. We had an awesome time....beautiful area!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%