Pumkin Spice Cake & Type Of Flour?

Baking By jadedlogic Updated 9 Jan 2010 , 9:35pm by jadedlogic

jadedlogic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadedlogic Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 9:22pm
post #1 of 3

I am wanting to use the Heavenly pumkin spice cake recipie on this site but make it into cupcakes instead. Does anyone know if it works well as a cupcake?

The recipe also calls for white flour. Is this the same as all purpose?

It also calls for canned pumpkin - at the store there is pumpkin filling and a can that just says pumpkin - does it make a difference?

Thank you icon_smile.gif

2 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 9:30pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedlogic

I am wanting to use the Heavenly pumkin spice cake recipie on this site but make it into cupcakes instead. Does anyone know if it works well as a cupcake?

I have not made that particular recipe, but my experience has been that most recipes work equally well for cakes and cupcakes. Just watch the baking time, cuppies usually only take 15-20 minutes.

Quote:

The recipe also calls for white flour. Is this the same as all purpose?

Unless otherwise specified, use all-purpose flour (NOT self-rising).

Quote:

It also calls for canned pumpkin - at the store there is pumpkin filling and a can that just says pumpkin - does it make a difference?

Yes! If it calls for canned pumpkin, then get just that, canned pumpkin. The pumpkin filling is pumpkin pie filling ready to go straight into a pie crust. If you read the ingredients, you will see that the pumpkin pie filling contains other ingredients, such as spices, egg, and milk.

jadedlogic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadedlogic Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 9:35pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you for your help and quick reply!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%