Pick Up Truck!!! Need All The Help I Can Get!!!

Decorating By weidertm24 Updated 9 Jan 2010 , 9:21pm by Doug

weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 5:51am
post #1 of 3

Wellllll, I didn't really get to much help on my last post, so i'm going to try again.

I want to make a 3D pick up truck cake for a birthday in april.

This is going to be my first 3D cake and I have no idea on how to start or even go about doing this. I want it to look as real as possible.

What materials should I use to model the truck... Cake, Rice Krispy, Modeling Chocolate, Gum Paste... Just need to know what would be the best to make the most real looking truck that I can.

Also, I was thinking of doing sugar glass windows and possibly something for the mirrors.

Any help and suggestions that you guys have would be great. I'm really excited about this cake and want to to turn out as good as I can make it.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the double post.
LL

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 9:05am
post #2 of 3

For original post:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-664138-.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by weidertm24

Wellllll, I didn't really get to much help on my last post, so i'm going to try again.

Well, you received six responses (and some very detailed information) so you didn't do badly. It's just too bad you didn't give any more info than "truck" cake to get more specific help but we gave our best advice based on the input we had.

Guess our help was a disappointment, because you didn't even bother to acknowledge the help received or to say thanks for trying...

HTH

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 3

as one who posted before...

you already received great advice from several.

sorry it wasn't

a) enough

b) to your liking

-------

ditto to an ungrateful attitude.

-------

and with that -- no more help for you (for what is a very easy cake to make -- just one big slab and then a smaller slab)

-------------------

and for the rest of you who would flame me:

well, I'm sick and tired of all the people who ask for help, get it and then never say thank you or worse yet put on a snit about the help they do get.

so, I'll take care of the situation my own way -- withhold help!

my version of the naughty/nice list. And which one are you on?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%