Help Making A Case Of Beer - Edible Image Maybe

Decorating By samymccray Updated 9 Jan 2010 , 9:13am by JanH

samymccray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samymccray Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 3

Can someone please help me out...
I have a client who wants me to make a bud light lime case, no problem right? lol. I'm used to doing more detailed fondant work or even air brushing and with this I was thinking of investing in an edible image printer since everything has to be so precise. The problem...I don't know where to start or how to do it. Do I put the image directly on the frosting or on gumpaste? Will an edible image even work? Can it make perfectly squared edges without appearing fake? I am a perfectionist in my work and want it to look exactly like the real thing (no pressure huh) Would anybody mind being my teacher? Any suggestions on how to do this would be so greatly appreciated.
LL
LL

2 replies
ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 5:23am
post #2 of 3

Well, I would say if you have the larger sheets for edible images it would be simplier to puzzle it together, however, the 8x10 will do the same job. Essentially I would make several copies of the whole thing and then piece it together as precise as possible(use an exacto knife). An edible image will go on either fondant or buttercream. Use a moist paper towel to help it adhere to the fondant. Also once it is on and completely dry and in place you might try to go over the whole thing with a light coat of piping gel to give it that sheen look, then an airbrush spray of silver sheen. Try a small image on fondant with the above mentioned process first to insure you get the right end results. I have done these steps myself, however , I don't want you to mess up your cake. I will tell you that the less humidity in the air the easier to remove the edible images from the backing. Good Luck! icon_biggrin.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 9:13am
post #3 of 3

..moving to How Do I forum. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%