To Freeze Or Refridgerate?

Sugar Work By meldancer Updated 14 Feb 2010 , 8:05pm by denetteb

meldancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meldancer Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 3

Making cream cheese mints a month in advance. Do I need to freeze them or will they be ok in the fridge (if I can keep myself from eating them!)?
If I have to freeze, how do I thaw them?

2 replies
Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:03am
post #2 of 3

Make sure they are in an airtight container and they should be fine for a couple of months in the freezer. I set them out on paper towels to come back up to room temp so that they don't mush together as they thaw.

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 14 Feb 2010 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 3

My mom makes a ton of these. They seem to keep no matter what she does to them. Keeps some on the coffee table to munch on, a storage container in the fridge, or in a tin in the uninsulated/unheated MN porch so the temp in the winter varies from cool to frozen. Once made she leaves them out for a few hours under her ceiling fan, she thinks that "dries" them out a little quicker. Then she puts them in the container with a layer of wax paper between each layer of mints. She doesn't do anything to "thaw" them. Just takes them out and puts on the serving platter. Beware of mixing different flavors in the same container. Especially mint cause they will all pick up the mint flavor for sure!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%