Cake Clubs ???

Decorating By splash2splat Updated 6 Jan 2010 , 5:38pm by icingimages

splash2splat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splash2splat Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 3:25am
post #1 of 7

What do you do in cake clubs - I want to start one in the area I live, but I would like to make it worth everyones time and money not to mention it would be fun if it was actually good. So any help?

Thanks in advance

6 replies
KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:12am
post #2 of 7

Hi,
I'm a member of two cake clubs in my area. We basically get together once a month and talk cake, do demos, show off new tools, share tips, hints and techniques, show off photos of our work, talk about any upcoming events, cake shows, tv cake shows, have refreshments and just have fun talking to fellow enthusiasts.

In one of the clubs, we do hands on demos each month. Everyone participates in making something. One member shows us what to do , then everyone has fun making whatever it is. That particular club also hosts the annual cake and sugar art show of Arizona so we get together to do things for the show including making the club's show piece.

I am the webmaster and newsletter editor for both cake clubs so I take photos at each meeting and notes that I include on the website and newsletter.

Hope that helps.
KimAZ

lecie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecie Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:24am
post #3 of 7

KimAZ, the clubs you are in song like fun. Too, bad for me I live in Maryland. I hope there's one out here.

splash2splat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splash2splat Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:28am
post #4 of 7

Thank you for responding to my post - I just hope I can get one started. Thanks again.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 11:48am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecie

KimAZ, the clubs you are in song like fun. Too, bad for me I live in Maryland. I hope there's one out here.

I Maryland, the ICES chapter hast two I beleive as the one got big enough to split. Go to www.ices.org to find the chapters in your area. Barbara Kelly runs the one that is the Northern va, md and deleware one. The other runs more the Baltimore area.

lecie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecie Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 4:15pm
post #6 of 7

icingimages
Thanks and Happy New Year

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:38pm
post #7 of 7

My pleasure and Happy New Year to you as well! I am an original Marylander!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%