Sticker Shock!

Baking By cindy58 Updated 5 Jan 2010 , 6:34pm by SpicyBubbles

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:16pm
post #1 of 8

Check out the price this group of cutters went for on ebay this morning!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380193625424&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

$511.91! I really liked the little blue set and the Robin Hood ones looked enticing too. But I was blown away in the auction dust.

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 8

Hmmm..The are vintage but I wouldn't pay that much for plastic....I guess someone thinks they are a steal!!!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:24pm
post #3 of 8

Holy crap - I would love to be the person selling those cookie cutters. Wow, wow, wow!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:25pm
post #4 of 8

Yeah...I agree...I would love the money for them!!!icon_smile.gif

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:49pm
post #5 of 8

I wonder if they were surprised by the amount they went for -- I sure was! The seller had some other cool groups up too.

I do have fun baking with those plastic detail cutters though. I've been using glace' in the 2 oz bottle with coupler and the small tip that comes with it. You can squeeze into the outline fairly easily and neatly.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 3:03pm
post #6 of 8

The bidder knows what they are looking for in that collection... They (the bidder) looks like they specialize in vintage and has bid on many kitchen collections in the past. Usually, it's just one item in a lot that drives the price up, but considering how high it went and the number of people who were willing to go that high, it had something of high value in it. I have many of the cutters seen in that picture, but would not give them up for the world! I wonder if I'm sitting on a mini goldmine??? icon_lol.gif

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 4:56pm
post #7 of 8

I just informed my DH that when my time comes and he's still here to not sell my cutters cheap!(That's if my girls don't want them)

I definitely have half of those. I have that whole Tupperware set. Plus many. many more. I was and still am obsessed with cutters.

I rarely use those type of cutters, but my kids used to use some of them with playdough. I have many of the vintage Wilton set. They sit in rubbermaid shoebox containers downstairs.

SpicyBubbles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpicyBubbles Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 6:34pm
post #8 of 8

As a Muppet fanatic, I would've loved to have the Muppet ones though I definitely wouldn't pay that much money to get them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%