Can I??

Decorating By blittle6 Updated 1 Sep 2005 , 4:11am by itsacake

blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 11:23am
post #1 of 7

Hi,

I've had a request to make a chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream. The lady wants it Monday morning at 745 am. Can I put this together the night before or should I be up extra early and put it together. I want it to look and taste its best, but I would also love to get some sleep!

Thanks for your help!
Berta

6 replies
blittle6 Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 11:24am
post #2 of 7

By the way, I know I can have the cake baked and frosting made.....I was just curious if I can have the cake frosted and assembled the night before.

Thanks!
Berta

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 11:32am
post #3 of 7

Hi, Berta. That isn't a problem. If I were you, I would bake, frost and decorate that night before. Or at least that morning previous. I wouldn't be up too early trying to make it. You have to give yourself time for mistakes, you know. Hope this helps.
Tanya

blittle6 Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 11:36am
post #4 of 7

Thanks Tanya!

As of now all of my orders have been for late afternoon arrival so this had not been an issue. With my luck I would be up 2 early and make a huge mistake and have to start all over!! Should I refrigerate the cake or just leave it in a cake dome til morning?

I see you are from Germany......My mom is from there as is her side of the family.....she was from Hamburg. My husband travels there on business in the Munich and Friezing areas

Berta

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 11:40am
post #5 of 7

Hi. I am only here with my husband while he is in the Army. I would say that you could keep it out on the counter in a cake dome or box. Just make sure it is well covered and away from little fingers-lol. Unless the client was wanting an ice cold cake, it is safe in a box or dome. I usually leave mine in the box until delivery. Never had a complaint yet-knock on wood!

blittle6 Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 2:04pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it!!

Berta

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 4:11am
post #7 of 7

Hi Berta!
My parents were from Hamburg too! Pretty city!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%