My Blog!

Lounge By motherofgrace Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 8:31pm by motherofgrace

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 3:25am
post #1 of 11

Hey, I recently started a blog and got a couple suggestions,
CAn you guys check it out and tell me what you think? Any suggestions will be helpful and greatly appreciated!

10 replies
Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 4:15am
post #2 of 11

The graphics are cute, and I like that you're using labels so that if I want cookie ideas, I can pull all of those up without having to search through all the posts to find them.

Personally, I don't like the google friends and facebook fans boxes you have on the right side. I find them visually distracting and I can't figure out a reason why any of your customers would want to know who else was a customer of yours. And for myself, I'd make my decision on whether to buy something from you based on what they looked and tasted like, rather than on who else might like how they look/taste. So, I guess my suggestion is to keep that prime visual real estate for something that will enhance your business.

- Leisel

motherofgrace Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 4:33am
post #3 of 11

ok thanks! I had been debating that as well... will change!

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 4:54am
post #4 of 11

Is this for business, or for fun? I'm taking off from what sagebrush says up there....if this isn't for business, then nevermind some of the following.

I have a website and a blog. Two toe-tully different things. I let my hair down a bit on the blog, and I think the google friends and facebook thingy is fine...for the blog. It's where you get to be a real live person, not a faceless website. Buy the .org address. Looks neater. I own .com (my website) and .org for my blog.

Oh, and even though I let my hair down a bit in the blog, I would never ever (and I recommend to you as well) talk down about my work. Say the clocks look like a Salvador Dali painting before "I need to work on my awful handwriting." If you exude confidence in your awesomeness, people will embrace it. If they think you don't know what you're doing....they may click off somewhere else. Cute cookies, btw. icon_smile.gif

motherofgrace Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 5:03am
post #5 of 11

thanks jamie... right now I do not have a buisness, but am hoping one day too. I will fix my writing (yes I'm new lol... still getting used to im not totally horrible)

I cant afford to buy a .com or .org yet, but am looking to in the future!

yes I think for now I will add my followers back.

BTW, cute baby! (he single? I got a two year old looking lol j/k)

_Jamie_ Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 5:32am
post #6 of 11

Lol...yep-single! He is 21 months old, going on 5!

motherofgrace Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 5:36am
post #7 of 11

hahaha, does he like older girls? mine is 26 months going on 15 years lol.....

_Jamie_ Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 5:42am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweetheart-

hahaha, does he like older girls? mine is 26 months going on 15 years lol.....

I would imagine! He tries to hug everyone who walks by him...it's so cute.

motherofgrace Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 5:22pm
post #9 of 11

any other suggestions?

TIA

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 7:54pm
post #10 of 11

It looks nice. I agree with everyone else on keeping it positive. And a few months from now you and everyone else will see how your skills have grown. So keep at it, put a positive spin on everything you type and don't worry about everything being perfect. OK yeah that'll neva happen, but don't apologise for or criticise your own work. Keep it fun and encouraging.

motherofgrace Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 8:31pm
post #11 of 11

thank you! I changed what I had written icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%