What License Does A Cake Decorator Need?

Business By connie0603 Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 12:07am by leah_s

connie0603 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
connie0603 Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 2

I was told by our county, that I do not need a business license to have a home business, because I live in an unincorporated part of the city. (in Calif). I bake from a licensed kitchen, (rented space) but make some of the decorations at my home. How do I start the process to be a professional?

1 reply
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 12:07am
post #2 of 2

I'd think that you'd need an EIN at the very least, and to register for any local/state taxes. You'd probably need some sort of inspection/sanitation training from your local HD. And then liability insurance and some sort of incorporation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%