Insurance For Home Baker

Decorating By Kandee Updated 3 Jan 2010 , 7:18pm by Kandee

Kandee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandee Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 3

Can anyone recommend a national Insurance Co that covers the home baker and also instead of using my social security number, would they accept my Tax ID#?

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 3

Speaking as someone who worked for CIGNA insurance (property and casualty) for 15 years, AND as a former licensed Life & Health insurance agent .....

Do you own your home? Do you have a car? If so I'm assuming you have an insurance agent? Check with him.

Don't shop for an insurance company on your own. First, most companies don't sell direct to the insured ... they sell thru agents. Second, insurance is contract law and there's a REASON an agent is required to be licensed and know all of those laws. Third, the company I use (and they specialized in food industry coverage) may not write coverage in your state and even if they do, you'd need to find an agent who is licensed in your state AND contracted with this insurance company

Call your agent. He gets paid to shop for insurance coverage and find the best company for what you need.

If you don't have an insurance agent, then find one ... an independent agent is your best bet as they represent a number of companies.

Kandee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandee Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 3

How interesting. I worked for CIGNA for 15 years also, but I was a medical claims processor. Currently I live in an apartment and I have apartment insurance, but awhile back when I had the opportunity to manage/own a coffee shop my agent did not cover commercial insurance. I did have to go the way of an independent. I was just checking if anyone had a specific company they liked. I will check around with the independents. Thanks alot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%