Wher Ecan I Buy A Loooong Dowel?

Decorating By uberathlete Updated 2 Jan 2010 , 2:00am by anasazi17

uberathlete Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uberathlete Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone. I'm making a 4 tiered cake and will be using a center dowel that will go through all the layers. As such I need a long wooden dowel about 35 inches or so. Does anyone know where I can buy something like that? Home Depot perhaps?

3 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 4

Home Depot, Lowe's, most hardware stores, JoAnne Fabrics, Michael's...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 11:51pm
post #3 of 4

wow, how big are your tiers? Standard tiers are 4" so 4 tiers would be 16" tall. I'd only need a dowel about 14" long, not 35". icon_confused.gif

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 2:00am
post #4 of 4

I always get mine at the home improvement stores...they are a little longer..and a little less expensive icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%