Urgent Please - Instant Pudding Size?

Baking By Cristi-Tutty Updated 2 Jan 2010 , 4:57am by Cristi-Tutty

Cristi-Tutty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cristi-Tutty Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 17

Hello everyone!!!

I want to make the bettercreme with instant pudding but the one I have is 24 oz and the recipe says an small package.so my question is how much will be for an small package...also maybe I can mix the bettercreme with chocolate mint chips pudding that I have do you thing this will taste good or should I go for the vanilla pudding...

Please help me..

thank you thumbs_up.gif

16 replies
greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 17

I'm sorry, I don't have any answers for you!

Cristi-Tutty Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 17

thank you..please help me...I also have dulce de leche maybe this will good...I just need to know which one is better and how much shuld I use...thank you

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 4:18pm
post #4 of 17

I say try it!...Bettercreme is one of those things that you can go by eye. I never measure with it, I just put whatever I want in it and try until i am satisfy with the flavor. Just try with a small batch first.
Edna icon_smile.gif

Cristi-Tutty Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 4:20pm
post #5 of 17

thank you Edna I appreciate your help...wich flavor do you think is better with with cake...chocolate mint chip vanilla puding or dulce de leche...thank you so much!!!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 4:23pm
post #6 of 17

Is the weight on the big package double the small package? If it is just measure the big packet in a measuring cup (if you don't have a scale) and figure out what about 1/2 would be. The weight should be on the smaller packet if you have a scale you can just weigh it out to thatweight. If you just eyebal it to 1/2 thoug you will be fine. I wouldn't think it would have to be exact.

Cristi-Tutty Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 4:33pm
post #7 of 17

thank you the package is 24 oz...I was reading that the small package is 5oz. I am going to do what Edna recommended...

do you think I should go with vanilla flavor or chocolate mint or dulce de leche...

I am asking about the flavor because I just realized that the bettercreme is vanilla flavor so if I put vanilla pudding do you think this will be too much?

thank you for all your help

tonedna Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 4:51pm
post #8 of 17

The flavor of the bettercreme is very subtle, once you make a batch of it, taste it. That's why is such a good base for almost any flavor. Vainilla goes with everything and you can even add some more vainilla to it without messing it up.

As for the flavor, all of them sound good to me. What are you using it for?

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Cristi-Tutty Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 4:58pm
post #9 of 17

as filling for a white cake...

tonedna Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 5:22pm
post #10 of 17

Anything goes well with white cake. I guess it depends on how bold you want to be.
I love white cake with strawberry mousse..lol..Is basically bettercream with strawberries gel and a few strawberries.
I think the vainilla is a classic flavor that you will never go wrong with.

You can add some almond flavor for an extra kick too.

I never tried White cake with mont chocolate chip, so that is something I can't say how it will taste. I have done it in chocolate cake and is delicious.

As for dulce de leche...who doesn't love it!..

Edna icon_smile.gif

FromScratch Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 7:01pm
post #11 of 17

I'd go with the dulce de leche... I do caramel with vanilla cake all the time... very good.

I've never worked with bettercreme, but I would imagine you can't really screw it up. It's basically just a bunch of emulsifiers... hard to mess that up.. icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 7:09pm
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratch

I'd go with the dulce de leche... I do caramel with vanilla cake all the time... very good.

I've never worked with bettercreme, but I would imagine you can't really screw it up. It's basically just a bunch of emulsifiers... hard to mess that up.. icon_smile.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif so true...
By the way, add some oven roasted pecans over caramel as a filling...is to die for!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

jhay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhay Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 7:21pm
post #13 of 17

I honestly thought that someone was misspelling buttercream...but then I realized that everyone was using "bettercreme". What is that? I'd love to try it!

tonedna Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 7:38pm
post #14 of 17

Is a non dairy whipped cream. Very stable.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

FromScratch Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 7:40pm
post #15 of 17

Bettercreme is a non-dairy whipped icing. You buy it in frozen containers and just whip it up when you want to use it. It doesn't require refrigeration. You can add all sort of things to flavor it. You can get it at some cake stores or order it on line. I think so Sam's Clubs sell it, but I don't use it so I am not sure.

Most grocery stores use it on their cakes as their "fancy" icing. I don't care for it, but a lot of people like it. I find it has an odd mouth feel and taste, but that's just me.

Edna... put toasted pecan in caramel icing all the time. You are right... sooooooooo good.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 10:10pm
post #16 of 17

Here's a link to Rich's Bettercreme (and other Rich's products):

http://www.richs.com/product_info.cfm?catid=6159

It's available in prewhipped Ready To Use buckets at the Sams Club bakeries (have to ask for it). Or in liquid form you whip yourself available at GFS/Gordon Food Service in qt. cartons which look like milk containers (online - Google Rich's Bettercreme).

Link to Rich's Bettercreme frosting/filling thread:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-601193-.html

HTH

Cristi-Tutty Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 4:57am
post #17 of 17

thank you everyone for your help...but I could not finished my cake...my kids did not let me...so I will do it this weekend and let you know...thank you again...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%