My First Loopy Bow Now I Need Ideas For The Cake Cc'ers! :)

Decorating By Chippi Updated 31 Dec 2009 , 7:56am by Cake_Mooma

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 12

It's okay for my first bow, need more practice. It's going on my birthday cake but I have no idea yet on the cake other than it's going to be a square cake, so all ideas are so much appreciated. Nothing seems to pop out, must be the cold I have. Thanks for your help!!!
LL

11 replies
Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 12

I don't have any ideas. Just want to say for your first bow, you did an awesome job!

MrCake01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrCake01 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 12

Chippi,
Great job on the bow.
For you cake maybe a two tiered square cake with some white fondant roses or carnations with orange pearl dust on the end.
Goodjob and goddluck,
Mrcake01

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 7:08pm
post #4 of 12

You did a great job Chippi!!!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

deah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deah Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 7:15pm
post #5 of 12

I agree - Great work!

How did you get the second color on the edge of the ribbon?

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 12

Beautiful! Very elegant. I would say, whatever you decide, the cake should be very simple and elegant to compliment, but not compete with such a beautiful and elegant bow. Did I mention how elegant it is?

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 8:54pm
post #7 of 12

Thanks Everyone! Simple sounds good to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deah

How did you get the second color on the edge of the ribbon?

After I made the bow I EXTRUDED using my new Makins Extruder (yes i got one for Christmas!!!) a thin rope and attached with water/tylose glue on the edges. Was easier than I thought it would be. For some reason my pic on the left ribbon tail looks ruff but it isn't. Next Christmas new camera, wait I have a birthday coming up hahaha!!

Happy New Years everyone!
Chippi

deah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deah Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 9:32pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippi

After I made the bow I EXTRUDED using my new Makins Extruder (yes i got one for Christmas!!!) a thin rope and attached with water/tylose glue on the edges. Was easier than I thought it would be. For some reason my pic on the left ribbon tail looks ruff but it isn't. Next Christmas new camera, wait I have a birthday coming up hahaha!!

Chippi

Hey! I got one of those a few months ago and haven't even taken it out of the package! Now I have something to do with it.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 9:43pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by deah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippi

Chippi

Hey! I got one of those a few months ago and haven't even taken it out of the package! Now I have something to do with it.

Oh no!...bad, bad girl!...lol..is time to get it out!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 9:46pm
post #10 of 12

That bow is absolutely beautiful, I've done a couple and none of mine have turned out that good! Great Job! princess.gif

Cake-Happy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-Happy Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 5:23am
post #11 of 12

No ideas, but I the other suggestions sound fantastic. Gorgeous bow though! I can't wait to see the finished product. Happy Birthday!

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 7:56am
post #12 of 12

The bow is great. Very pretty!!!

A little traditionsl but how about a birthday present cake. I love the way those look.

Vic

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%