Help - Looking For A Cookie Photo

Baking By MissLisa Updated 1 Jan 2010 , 2:56am by luv2bake6

MissLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLisa Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 26

Hi,
I'm looking for a photo of cookies that was posted in the last couple of months. They were cut out cookies of flowers, iced in purples and lime green I believe, maybe some navy blue as well. They were absolutely beautiful done in outlines and plaids. If I'm not mistaken they were a gift to someone who was dealing with medical/health issues. The person also included a link to their blog.

Thanks,
Lisa

25 replies
Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 2:58pm
post #2 of 26

If they were made by psneed5 or another girl I can't remember her name, it's something with "sweets" in it. I had a few of both of their picks saved in my favs. When I went back to look at them they had removed all of their photos because of cc policies.
But I forgot to save the link. icon_redface.gif I'm sure someone has it. I'd like to have it too!

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 3:16pm
post #3 of 26
newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany29

If they were made by psneed5 or another girl I can't remember her name, it's something with "sweets" in it. I had a few of both of their picks saved in my favs. When I went back to look at them they had removed all of their photos because of cc policies.
But I forgot to save the link. icon_redface.gif I'm sure someone has it. I'd like to have it too!

I had those photos saved as well - she does wonderful work. I've bookmarked her blog for future reference. Do you know what part of CC's policy would have required that she remove her photos? Just curious.

Tiffany29 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 4:21pm
post #5 of 26

In place of the pictures she said that cc has the right to publish photos without consent of the decorator. So she removed her photos and left the link to her blog.

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 2:14am
post #6 of 26

I would love to know how she does that tartan look. I emailed her once but she didn't respond. She makes the most beautiful cookies. I can only imagine how much time she invests in one cookie.

Anyone know how she does that tartan look?

Tiffany29 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 3:02am
post #7 of 26

Really?
I pm'd her once and she got back to me right away and was very helpful and so sweet.
I'm not sure how she achieves the look you are talking about, but she told me she uses edible pens/markers for smaller details, like her plaid work.
Maybe you could try to email her again.

newmansmom2004 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 3:06am
post #8 of 26

If you click on her pictures you get a really large photo that shows all the details. You can see where she's piped some of the work (a VERY steady hand indeed!) and you can tell where she's used the edible pens for things like the little stitching marks around the outer edge of the mittens, etc.

Regardless, those are some of the most beautiful and detailed cookies I've seen. I'm totally in awe of that kind of patience and talent!

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 3:15am
post #9 of 26

i emailed her and she was super gracious about answering my questions.
she does the tartons wet-on-wet and the stitching is edible food markers.
...and she does this with what is essentially glace, NOT royal icing, which tickles me pink because i love seeing challenging designs done in icing other than royal (glace fan, can you tell, lol).
diane

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 4:38am
post #10 of 26

I agree her cookies are absolutely beautifully decorated but is it just me, or are they super super thick?

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 4:52am
post #11 of 26

They are super-thick! Her blog says she sets her Dobord to 3/8".

luv2bake6 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 4:56am
post #12 of 26

They are also quite blond looking as well. I've never been able to get thick cookies to taste good.

makeminepink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeminepink Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 5:01am
post #13 of 26

I've asked her questions as well. She's very kind and helpful!

newmansmom2004 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 3:05pm
post #14 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bake6

I agree her cookies are absolutely beautifully decorated but is it just me, or are they super super thick?

They are thick and that's how I make my sugar cookies. I like them to be like the cookie bouquet type - thick and with some chew to them, rather than thin and crispier. I found the cookie bouquet cookie recipe online a few years back and made it and fell in love with it. I've tried googling it these days and can't find it so I'm glad I saved it!

luv2bake6 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 4:50pm
post #15 of 26

Oh, i didn't realize that there was a different type of recipe for cookie bouquet type cookies. I thought that the same recipes are used except they are just rolled out thicker. But when i tried to make my cookies thicker for bouquets, i just ended up with very very bland cookies.

Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 5:44pm
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

They are thick and that's how I make my sugar cookies. I like them to be like the cookie bouquet type - thick and with some chew to them, rather than thin and crispier. I found the cookie bouquet cookie recipe online a few years back and made it and fell in love with it. I've tried googling it these days and can't find it so I'm glad I saved it!

Could you share the recipe? I also prefer soft, chewy cookies to crispy crunchy ones.

TIA!

- Leisel

newmansmom2004 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 6:22pm
post #17 of 26

I'll be happy to share the recipe. I think it's somewhat similar to the NFSC recipe, but I've never taken the time to compare them side by side.

Best Sugar Cookies

2 c. butter
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. lemon extract (or any other flavor you prefer)
1 tsp. salt
6 c. flour

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs and extract and mix thoroughly. Add salt and just enough of the flour to give you a firm but not dry dough (I use between 5 and 5-1/2 cups). Chill dough about an hour. Roll out on floured board to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters. Transfer to baking sheets that have been greased or covered with parchment paper. Bake app. 8-10 minutes or until cookies just start to turn a golden brown color. Once cookies have been cooled they can be decorated with your favorite icing.

You'll notice the omission of baking powder or soda. Because there's no leavener, the cookies don't puff up and get distorted.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 7:25pm
post #18 of 26

I think that pretty much IS the NFSC without the baking powder!

Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 7:29pm
post #19 of 26

Thank you so much!

- Leisel

newmansmom2004 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 7:36pm
post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagebrush

Thank you so much!

- Leisel

You're welcome...and Happy New Year everyone!!

luv2bake6 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 9:00pm
post #21 of 26

Happy New Year to you too! Thanks for the recipe as well. I never had luck with the NFSC (too dry), but i'll try this recipe again.

Tiffany29 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 9:58pm
post #22 of 26

When I make NFSC I decrease the flour to 5 3/4c.
If it's too dry you can add a couple of tbsp of water.
Some ccer's add dry pudding mix to the dough and gwt a moister cookie.

luv2bake6 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 10:24pm
post #23 of 26

Hi tiffany, still waiting on getting the shortening to try your ccc recipe. I was planning on going today but the snow out here was pretty bad this morning.

The last time i made the NFSC, i tried adding a bit of water to the dry crumbly dough and it was really gross. The dry pudding mix is definately something to try.

newmansmom2004 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 10:35pm
post #24 of 26

I think if you add all 6 cups in the recipe I use it would be too dry. I stop at about 5 cups and check the dough. If it feels a little gooey I add a little more, but I go slow as you can always add more but you can't take any out.

Tiffany29 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 11:47pm
post #25 of 26

Hi love2bake6! I just pm'd you.

luv2bake6 Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 2:56am
post #26 of 26

hey there tiffany! pm'd ya back!

Thanks newmansmom, i'll try that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%