Advertising...

Business By PinkChateau Updated 2 Jan 2010 , 3:18am by JenniferMI

PinkChateau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkChateau Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 11:17am
post #1 of 6

What would be a ballpark amount to be charged for advertising in someone's store? Say, a florist shop. I would set up a dummy cake and have my business card. Thanks for the input.

5 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 1:14pm
post #2 of 6

It depends on what they want to charge you, I don't think they'd let you set the price. I have dummies in a few shops in town and pay them nothing, because they use them as part of their decor.

Has the flower shop owner told you a price that they'd charge?

PinkChateau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkChateau Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 6

I have not approached anyone yet, but just wanted to get an idea of a ballpark figure might be before I spoke to anyone so I could sound somewhat intelligent. If they asked, "Well, what were you thinking of paying?" I wouldn't know what to say...don't want to look/sound stupid. BTW, I am a newbie. I like the idea of it being part of their display.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 2:50pm
post #4 of 6

I think florists are a perfect place to do a trade off........when people come to you for cake, you refer them to said florist for their flowers and when people come their for flowers, they refer you for cake! I think that's fair! Maybe you could even add that any orders from brides requiring you to obtain the flowers that you will purchase them from THAt florist alone.

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 3:12am
post #5 of 6

I don't pay any shops. However I have a number that pass out my cards. After meeting they asked to display my cards. Take samples, then they can say they have tried your cakes and if they are good. Just talk to the people.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 3:18am
post #6 of 6

I would think most florists would love to put some flowers on a cake display, it can be a win win for both of you!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%