Brain Dead...sos...

Business By snarkybaker Updated 30 Dec 2009 , 6:10pm by countrycaker

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 12:44am
post #1 of 13

I am in the final stages of gettig our new website up and running before the big wedding show.

There is some editing etc. to be done, but can you all eyeball it for me to see if there are any major flow errors or coding that needs to be changed. I have looked at it for so long I am no longer a good critical eye.

TIA icon_wink.gif

See...I am so brain dead. I even forgot to post the link:

http://www.reeflightinteractive.com/projects/sugarland_bakery/

12 replies
Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 1:02am
post #2 of 13

I looked at it, really like the animation is cute on the first page. My only question is about the FAQ page. Is that still a work in progress? Maybe I just don't get it...

Overall, very nice job! icon_smile.gif

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 1:07am
post #3 of 13

Yeah, I also did not understand the faq page. also, the first link on the in the news page did not work for me.

Love the site otherwise - clear, easy to navigate, cute animation on the first page!

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 1:09am
post #4 of 13

I think your home page is great, too! There is one thing I've noticed about many web sites that I've checked out, though. I often don't really know what the location is. I know you've given the address and name of the city, but with the web reaching so many people in so many different locations, I always wonder what state or province, etc. I am reading about. If you've included this info and I've overlooked it, my bad. It's just something that I've noticed quite often.
Your site looks great. thumbs_up.gif

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 1:10am
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenette

I looked at it, really like the animation is cute on the first page. My only question is about the FAQ page. Is that still a work in progress? Maybe I just don't get it...

Overall, very nice job! icon_smile.gif

My text for the FAQ is at home on my laptop. I'll finish that tonight. I am just trying to get any coding errors etc to my web designer before 6 PM west coast time so I can get them done for this week.

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 1:10am
post #6 of 13

http://www.reeflightinteractive.com/projects/sugarland_bakery/cakes/faq/

On this page under heading: Buns- Fresh brioche cinnamon
You have :
Weekends try our home-made old fashioned donuts in Devils On Weekends try our home-made old fashioned donuts in Devils food, Apple spice and other chefs special flavors or our delicious made-from-scratch New Orleans style beignets

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 1:14am
post #7 of 13

Sugarland Bakery in the news
Sugarland's Rameses moons UNC rivals
2009-12-29 05:13:00

The Daily Tar Heel loved our mooning cake that we made for the first football game.

http://www.dailytarheel.com/content/sugarland-cake's-rameses-moons-unc-rivals
The article's not there anymore

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 1:28am
post #8 of 13

On the cupcake menu page -

Check your spacing in between bullets and text for all the days

On Tuesday, you have choclate s/b chocolate

On Wednesday, capitalize Winning

On the dessert menu - is it "mascapone" or "marscapone". Again, on the dessert menu, you have choclate. Too much space between "Other Yummy Things" and the start of the next section.

On your lists, either capitalize all or undercase all - don't mix half and half (bottom of the desserts menu is undercase)

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 2:08am
post #9 of 13

Amazing - this looks like a wonderful shop and I wish I still lived in Raleigh so I could come and sample!

The only thing I saw was on the gelato page you need a space between "every" and "day" in the sentence below. I noticed on other pages it's separated but looks like maybe this one just snuck in.

..."and our gelato is made fresh everyday ..."

Otherwise a great looking site and now I'm hungry for gelato and pastries! The animation on the home page is very eye-catching and I was pulled into the site instantly!

Best of luck with your shop - I think you have a winner!

WykdGud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WykdGud Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:13pm
post #10 of 13

I looked at your wedding cake gallery, and didn't like that to see the photos at the bottom of the "list", I had to scroll down to click on it and then scroll back up to view it.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:40pm
post #11 of 13

Auntmamie asked...is it "mascapone" or "marscapone"

actually, I believe it's mascarpone.

Gorgeous site, by the way. Really love the main page.

TamathaV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamathaV Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:43pm
post #12 of 13

No new errors that I caught but I have to say I love it! I really like that the home page is so clean and the animation is just the right touch. Also, I really enjoyed the behind the scenes video.

Now if I could just get you to come to Arkansas and help me open my dessert salon! Wanna be just like you when I grow upicon_wink.gif

Tamatha

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 6:10pm
post #13 of 13

Not a coding or a flow error, just a couple of little grammatical items that caught my eye on the Cakes page:

"When you choose a Sugarland cake, you have an entire staff of the areas best pastry chefs and fine artists at you disposal. Our cakes are fresh, beautiful and delicious."

areas => area's
you => your

Your site is very cute! I love the home page with the animation. I couldn't quit running my mouse over the pictures to watch them move.

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%