Need Some Tiger Help Asap And Dont Know What To Do

Decorating By swritik Updated 31 Dec 2009 , 8:59pm by 7yyrt

swritik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swritik Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 12:13am
post #1 of 7

ok so i need to make a tiger and i could not find any picture or video tutorial so i decided to do it myself and it not coming out good at all.

Does anyone have a tutorial or can maybe show me how to do the tiger that i attached in a picture. I need it step by step.

Please please please
Rita
LL

6 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 12:33am
post #2 of 7

http://www.ehow.com/how_4840441_d-fondant-animals.html
I googled and found this tutorial. Unfortunately no pictures.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 12:49am
post #3 of 7

You might go to Youtube and do a search for aine2. She has some wonderful tutorials on how to make gumpaste animals.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 1:22am
post #4 of 7

Just looking at the pic here is how I would do it, keep in mind these are just the basic steps, it will take some pushing and poking here and there to get the exact look.

Body- roll ball of mmf into a egg shape, set aside to harden while working on other parts.

Head- roll large blue ball and smaller white one. Flatten one side of the white ball and the edges so it looks like a gum drop, pinch and shape one side to a point for the top of the nose area, attach to the blue ball and smooth the edges to look like one piece.

At this point the head will be basically finished and it should be able to sit level on a table, the angle at which you attach it to the body will give you the downward look.

Ears- Roll a piece of fondant and cut out 2 circles, pinch one end of the circle together and let dry for the ears.

Legs and Arms- roll 4 ropes of fondant, cut to right length (2 long and 2 short), flatten the foot end and add a white circle, attach to body with tylose, flatten the top part of the arms and legs that meet the body slightly. I would do the arms and legs while they are still soft so I could position them how I wanted.

Once the body is somewhat dry insert a toothpick/skewer into the body and attach the head at the correct angle.

Mane- Roll and cut to piece of mmf and using a sharp knife (I use an Xacto) cut the hair, attch with tylose glue, you might need to put a few toothpicks behind the mane to support it until it hardens and the glue dries.

Crown- roll mmf and cut out crown and the wrap it around something that is the correct size (dowel, marker, etc.) glue it shut and slip it off and let it dry.

Paint on the stripes, eyes nose and mouth with food coloring mixed with vodka.

Once the ears and crown are dry attche them.

I use mmf mixed with tylose but you canuse gumpaste or a 50/50 mix of fondant and gumpaste.
The glue I use is water with tylose powder added, you can also use gumpaste dissolved in water.
HTH.

amberkw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberkw Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 3:34am
post #5 of 7

CakeMommyTX's instructions are good. Try to follow those if you can't find a vidoe tutorial you may be able to pause, or watch a few times.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 3:36am
post #6 of 7
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%