Petit Fours

Decorating By debilou68 Updated 30 Dec 2009 , 12:32pm by cblupe

debilou68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debilou68 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 7

Hi,, I hope someone can help. I have a request for 75-100 petitfours(?),, not sure if i'm spelling that right, but anyway, I have never made them and I dont have any idea how to charge for them. Can someone help? Recipe? How to figure cost on these? Thanks so much,,

6 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 7

charge alot, many find them a pain to make. If you have time to order stuff you might want to check out the Kathy Scott molds, she has an ebay story by i don't know the name of it off hand. She has molds to make the petite fores and they are easy to use, but they are pricey.

debilou68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debilou68 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 8:19pm
post #3 of 7

thank you ! I will definitely think about that.

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 12:28am
post #4 of 7

LisaMS on this site has a blog called Cakes and Cupboards that gives great directions for petit fours. I will post some I made for Christmas using her directions.

I went through tons of research trying to learn petit fours about two years ago, so feel free to pm me with any questions. I can give you some recommendations on poured fondant if you like1
LL

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 6:42am
post #5 of 7

I don't know but what I know as a petit four is made out of puff pastry and filled with fruit, pastry cream....

now I think I know what you are looking for....so...

what flavor cake do they want? What do they want for decorations. All I can say is treat it like you would a cake order.

I made a "cake" for a wedding and I charged $8.00 for each one.

Hope this gives you and idea. They are a pain to make because you are decorating each and every one. So remember, the more intricate the decoration the more time consuming the more you charge. I know it all sounds trivial but we don't think about these things sometimes icon_surprised.gif.

Here is the link to the one I did over the summer.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1537648

Vic

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 11:20am
post #6 of 7

LoriMc. those are beautiful! I would love to learn how to do those. Any guidence would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kat icon_biggrin.gif

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 12:32pm
post #7 of 7

LoriMc ~ I went to LisaMS' blog and it's awesome. Thanks for the info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%