Peggy Porschen Fondant Fancies

Decorating By vandru10 Updated 29 Dec 2009 , 12:06pm by JanH

vandru10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vandru10 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 4:46am
post #1 of 6

I bought Peggy Porschens book pretty party cakes and I want to make the fondant fancies. The Recipe to make the fondant icing calls for: "ready made fondant, sugar syrup, lemon juice, glucose, and food coloring." What is READY MADE FONDANT and where do I find it? Is there a difference from that and Satin Ice Rolled fondant?

Another questoin On fondant fancies by peggy porschen....She covers her's with marzipan before dipping in the fondant icing? Is this neccissary? Or is something to substitute for the marzipan bc I do not have any...

Thank you all!!

5 replies
madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 4:54am
post #2 of 6

you can cover it in ganache instead of marzipan. and ready made would be like satin ice I would think

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 5:00am
post #3 of 6

oh and you can cover it in butter cream under the fondant

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 5:16am
post #4 of 6

..moving to Decorating forum. icon_smile.gif

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 11:32am
post #5 of 6

the ready made fondant she uses is runny dipping fondant almost like a glace icing. i would try and buy it from an online cake supplies store as it seems quite hard to get in shops. i think it is powdered and you mix it with water and colour it and then dip. its different in that it cant be rolled out like satin ice or other fondant its runny. i would use marzipan if you want them to be true fondant fancies as i would imagine that just using buttercream or ganache might not give you a firm enough base to dip with.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 12:06pm
post #6 of 6

Something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/y8n3cxr

Here's more detailed explanation of how to use the dry fondant mix:

http://www.ccwsupply.com/catalog/dry-fondant-p-2159.html

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%