Ka Stand Mixer--Where To Buy?

Decorating By dandelion Updated 28 Aug 2005 , 6:55am by KayDay

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 3:58am
post #1 of 21

I'm looking for a Kitchen Aid Artisan mixer. Any suggestions as to where i should get it?
I'm a little skeptical about E-bay. I've never used it before... will the product I buy be good quality? icon_confused.gif

20 replies
mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 6:56am
post #2 of 21

I bought mine nline at Linens 'n' Things. I bought the KA 6-quart, though, for about $300 and $30 shipping. Not sure about the Artisan. I think I also used an online coupon, I can't remember what the discount was, but it's definitely much less expensive than buying in-store. I buy online a lot and have never had any problems.

Good Luck!
Mirjana

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 8:01am
post #3 of 21

I got a 5qt 475 watt KA at Sam's for 258.00 icon_smile.gif

good36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
good36 Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 12:26pm
post #4 of 21

Look on amazon.com, I got a great deal on mine. Our local Kohl stores have good deals too.
Judy

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 12:45pm
post #5 of 21

I have the basic KA mixer. I received this from my bridal registry at Target. It was my FAVORITE gift! I just love it and I believe it cost around $150? but that was 4 years ago.

I know that Bed Bath and Beyond has a large variety of KA. I think Wal-Mart also carries the basic mixer.

Good luck. You won't be disappointed!

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 4:38pm
post #6 of 21

I went right to the source KitchenAid .com, but I also brought one for my mom from Khols.com.

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 4:40pm
post #7 of 21

Yes Bed Bath & Beyond have a huge solection and Williams Sonoma

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 4:47pm
post #8 of 21

Try www.ecoupons.com. There are a lot of online retailers. I just found on for LNT. 20% off your entire order. http://www.ecoupons.com/coupon-code/Linens-n-Things

I'm sure there are more online retailers coupons, and stackable ones too.

Try using the mailer coupons for Bed Bath & Beyond and others.

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 4:49pm
post #9 of 21

i just bought another KA mixer from Kitchenaid.com
The prices are reasonable and I got an awesome deal on a refurbished 600 watts bowl lift professional series. I have boughten the refurbished before and they work just as good as brand new. I have also seen good prices at kohls.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 7:55pm
post #10 of 21

thumbs_up.gif About 9 months ago, I bought a 6qt mixer from Kitchenaid.com. With no tax (mine is 8%), free shipping, and a nice rebate offer, I couldn't beat the price. It was shipped quickly and when the first machine made a funny noise, I got great customer service. They had a new mixer on the way with a return shipping label for the first one. Obviously, I hope not to need another one for a loooooong time, but if I do, I'd go back to Kitchenaid.com in a second. I kept my 8 year old 325 watt KA as a back-up--I just couldn't part with an old friend!

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 9:36pm
post #11 of 21

I got mine at QVC.com nice deal and great service

marv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marv Posted 27 Aug 2005 , 5:11am
post #12 of 21

Check out amazon.com. I got my Classic 4.5 qtz. for just $69.99 plus free shipping. They do have K.A. Artisan as well.

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 27 Aug 2005 , 5:18am
post #13 of 21

I'd go with ebay. In fact, I'm going to get a pro 6qt as soon as I save the money. The prices are great (as low as $152.50 refurbished) and I've never had a bad experience with ebay. Some of the sellers are even authorized Kitchenaid retailers. For the artisan, you can get an even lower price!

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 27 Aug 2005 , 5:42am
post #14 of 21

I got mine at Dillards. I love it! But I am hoping to get a Hobart from the closing @ Winn-Dixie Tomorrow!

crimsonhair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crimsonhair Posted 27 Aug 2005 , 5:47am
post #15 of 21

Wow the Kitchen Aid is much cheaper down there. I paid 399.00 for mine up here in Canada.. even with the exchange its a much better deal in the states.

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 27 Aug 2005 , 5:57am
post #16 of 21

Thanks for all the sources! I've checked on most of them... but i got a super fantastic deal today! icon_lol.gif $180 for a Professional 5 Plus Series! I'm so happy!!! icon_biggrin.gif

BuncoHappens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BuncoHappens Posted 27 Aug 2005 , 2:16pm
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv

Check out amazon.com. I got my Classic 4.5 qtz. for just $69.99 plus free shipping. They do have K.A. Artisan as well.

How did you get it for $69!!?? I just ordered the classic 4.5 qrt for $125 minus $25 instant rebate with free shipping. Amazon is kind of slow with shipping and the delivery date is not until next week. I've been waiting and waiting.......and I just now let the dog outside and there it was on the porch! Hooray!

marv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marv Posted 27 Aug 2005 , 2:51pm
post #18 of 21

BuncoHappens,

Prior to your order of KA 4.5 qtz., Amazon's price for the same item was $99.00 and if you apply and use the Amazon Visa to purchase it, you get an additional discount of $30.00, which comes up to $69.99 plus free shipping.

I actually had to ask my sister in NJ to order it for me since the promo is valid only in the US. (She's visiting next month).

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 27 Aug 2005 , 2:53pm
post #19 of 21

My DH got my big one on sale at Kohl's and then opened a charge account and got another 30% off.

I love it and it's the best present he's ever gotten me--appliancewise, that is.

Lisa

southernbelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southernbelle Posted 28 Aug 2005 , 3:00am
post #20 of 21

I bought mine at Kohl's....it is a KA 5 and can mix 2 batches of bc at a time. Best money I ever spent! I paid about $299.00.

If my house ever caught on fire I would grab my KA!

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 28 Aug 2005 , 6:55am
post #21 of 21

Mine is a 600 professional series. It has a 6 qt. bowl and came with all the bells and whistles from Dillards for a little over 400.00

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%