fruit salad

Christmas Dinner:
Butternut squash soup with creme fraiche
Roast beef with horseradish cream
Yorkshire pudding
Mashed potatoes with beef gravy
Parmesean and herbs crusted baked tomatoes
Sauteed wild mushroom medley with onions, leeks and shallots
Roasted root vegetables (carrots, parsnips, turnips, and beets)
Citrus poached pears with brandied raspberry coulis
Buche de Noel

9 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 10

Christmas Breakfast includes:
Breakfast casserole
Biscuits
Blueberry muffins
Fresh fruit salad

We're a very informal family. Our Christmas evening menu is mostly finger foods:
Baked Country Ham on biscuits
Turkey on buns
Meatballs
Veggie pizza
Shrimp and sauce
Grape salad
My mother's (in)famous jello salad
Chips and dips and such!!!
Jam Cake
Stack Pie
Pecan Cake
Mincemeat Pie
Orange Juice Cake
Chocolate pie
Pecan Pie
Assorted cookies

Can you tell we like desserts!!!!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 3:06pm
post #3 of 10

We only do Christmas Eve dinner - Tamales & Pozole!!! Yummy!!! I can't wait!!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 10

Christmas eve is Pierogies and snack foods.
Meat, kraut, and cheese pierogies
Bufflo Wings
Little winnies in bbq sauce
Cheese ball
Turkey Cheese ball
Veggie try
Cheese cubes and crackers
Pickles, olives and okra.

We usually have a rum cake this night too. Right now I'm deciding between it and a Jam cake. I don't have the cake mix to make the rum cake and I really don't want to go to the store again if I can help it.

Christmas Dinner is usually the same as Thanksgiving. Though this year we are having to change things a little since my grandma, who usually does most of the cooking just had surgery on her neck.

Duck
Ham
Dressing
Potato Dumplings
Kraut
Red Cabbage
Sweet Potatoe casserole
Green Beans
Broccoli and Rice casserole
Fruit salad
Rolls

I'm doing three desserts, a Tiramisu Cake Roll (someone on here gave me the idea and I'm going to try it out), Hummingbird Cake, and either a Creme Brulee Cheese cake or a Caramel Macchiato Cheese cake.

I'm starting on my desserts tonight, that way I know how early I have to take off work tomorrow to get everything else done.

CakesByJen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByJen2 Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 10

We have our family dinner on Christmas Eve at my mom's:

Cheese Ball & crackers
Pork Loin Roast
Broccoli Caserole
Mashed potatoes
someother veggie or salad
some type of bread
Chocolate Pie
assorted cookies

Christmas Brunch at my house (scaled down this year because I'm worn out!):

Cinnamon rolls (always, everything else varies from year to year)
Pigs-in-a-blanket
Scrambled eggs
fruit salad
fresh strawberries
assorted cookies
Birthday cake (my son's a Christmas baby)

Dinner on Christmas Day:

Frozen pizza, or whatever leftovers you can scrounge up!

flourgirlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourgirlz Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 4:50pm
post #6 of 10

A few years ago we spent Christmas Eve with my in laws, and my mom didn't want to cook for just her and my dad. The only thing open was a pizza place down the street from their house. So now it's kind of a tradition that we have pizza at Leaning Tower with my parents on Christmas Eve!

Christmas breakfast is the usual:
Pancakes
Eggs
Sausage
Bacon
Hasbrowns
Toast

Christmas dinner is usually quick and easy finger foods:
Little Smokies
Meatballs
Taco dip
Tuna Log
Cheese, ham and olives on a stick
And LOTS of dessert! I am going to make a red velvet cake for the first time. I hope it turns out as good as I am imagining it!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 5:20pm
post #7 of 10

This year's really hard to plan menus for -- traditions are pretty much out the window!!! My 24-year old daughter has been diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis, a condition where the acid in your body attacks your bladder and wears it away. So, she's on medication, but also a VERY strict diet. NO: alcohol, artificial preservatives, caffeine, chocolate, citrus fruit, tomato. That's just the short list of no-nos -- it's actually 4 pages long!!!

Anyway, I'll find something good to make, but we sure won't be able to enjoy all of the stuff we have in years past. thumbsdown.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 6:37pm
post #8 of 10

Christmas Eve we spend at my MIL's, this year we are doing dinner earlier than normal, 2pm instead of after 5. She's making turkey and sides. I"m bringing over cheeseball and a tray of cookies and candy.

Christmas Eve night we're going to have pizza because the kids won't make it between the meal at their grandma's and the next day. icon_lol.gif

Christmas morning we haven't decided on, my husband has talked about making breakfast sandwiches but he's also said that he might just have cold pizza. I have chocolate chip banana bread in the freezer too, it's just the four of us so I'm not too concerned.

I don't cook on Christmas so we're going to have meat and cheese trays, cheeseball and other cold stuff to just snack on all day along with the sweet stuff. The kids love Christmas because they are allowed to eat whatever they want all day.

ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 7:15pm
post #9 of 10

Christmas eve will be hectic trying to get the last minute stuff done. We will probably order a pizza. (bad, I know)

Christmas morning will be eggs, bacon, biscuits n gravy, with citrus fruit salad and what ever comes with the daughter and family.

Christmas dinner.... easy this year... I want to spend as much time watching my grandbabies play as I can squeeze in.

Ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, corn caserole, sweet potatoe caserole, biscuits.

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 8:28pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

This year's really hard to plan menus for -- traditions are pretty much out the window!!! My 24-year old daughter has been diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis, a condition where the acid in your body attacks your bladder and wears it away. So, she's on medication, but also a VERY strict diet. NO: alcohol, artificial preservatives, caffeine, chocolate, citrus fruit, tomato. That's just the short list of no-nos -- it's actually 4 pages long!!!

Anyway, I'll find something good to make, but we sure won't be able to enjoy all of the stuff we have in years past. thumbsdown.gif

Okay, I went thru a bunch of recipes and cookbooks, and here's what I came up with:

Christmas Morning -- Baked eggs, nutmeg blueberry muffins, danish puff, fruit salad (no citrus!)

Christmas Dinner -- Stuffed pork loin, wild rice casserole, broccoli, homemade applesauce, with coconut baked alaska for dessert.

It all sounds really good, so you won't have to see me whining on here anymore! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%