This Is A Pie Question................

Lounge By tannersmom Updated 28 Dec 2009 , 5:57am by luvmysmoother

tannersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tannersmom Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 2:21am
post #1 of 6

I am baking a sweet potato pie with a home-made crust. I forgot to brush the rim of the pie with an egg wash. It looks very dull. Is it to late to brush it now? what can I do???? HELP!!!!

5 replies
Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 2:42am
post #2 of 6

If you have already baked the pie then yes it is to late to brush it with egg. I have done that before and it is so aggravating! Sorry this happened to you. icon_sad.gif

tannersmom Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 2:50am
post #3 of 6

Thanks Teekakes!
I had to try it for myself. 2 pies in the oven so I tried one with an egg wash and left the other alone. Well, it worked! I can't believe it. If I had tried it earlier( while baking), the crust would have burned. I waited until it was almost ready. Looks nice and golden brown. I wouldn't have believed it if I had't tried it myself. LOL

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 2:54am
post #4 of 6

Oh, OK, so the pies were still in the oven! Lucky you!! Yes, as long as they are still baking you can save the shine! So glad you tried it and got one to shine! icon_biggrin.gif
I thought you had already baked them and they were out of the oven cooled. So glad that was not the case for you! thumbs_up.gif

tannersmom Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 3:00am
post #5 of 6

I guess I should have said that they were still in the oven. DUH!! LOL
I was afraid if I put the was on it, the egg would cook on the crust and I'd have eggy pie. LOL

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 5:57am
post #6 of 6

Noone will notice it if you stick a big dollop of icecream or whipped cream on topicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%